Relationship Problem - PLEASE HELP!

Drowning

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, first of all I'll give you a short background. My girlfriend and I got together last year and dated some through the summer until she dumped me before I went off to college. I came home for Winter Break a few months later and she all but jumped on me, telling me how sorry she was and how she wanted to get back together. I mulled it over for a couple of weeks, but eventually gave in. (Spare me the "Don't date your ex!" sermon. I know, I know.) I'm back at college and she's still in high school. We see each other once or twice a month but when we do it's great.

I have several questions. One, does the fifteen minute conversation rule still apply for a long-distance relationship where all you really have in the way of contact is a phone call? (And AIM, although I try to cut down on that since I like actually talking to her better.)

Second, she has a lot of guy friends, and even though I know she wouldn't cheat on me, her "friends" hit on her constantly and I sometimes get a little pissed off at them about it. (She likes telling me about when they do, trying to get me jealous. Unfortunately, it seems to be working.) Anyway, she brought it up the other night about how it's bothering her that I'm jealous of her friends and also that its her friends that help her when she's depressed and missing me. Lately, she hasn't been very talkative on the phone or the internet, and she's always tired from her new job or sick/hurt from some ailment or another. It seems like she's trying to get my attention, but I held an entire conversation with her last night where she used one-word responses to all of my questions/statements.

I've already resolved not to say anything about her friends, since being jealous and controlling is not the way to go. I try to tell myself that I am above that, and I've been trying to either ignore threads of conversation about them or just go with it like I've got no problem with it.

She still calls me all the time. In fact, my roommate complains about how many times a day she calls me. I might just be paranoid, but it feels like she's pulling away from me again. I try to use C&F and she goes "uh-huh" or "okay". I flirt and she does the same thing. It seems like I can't make her laugh AT ALL right now. WTF?!?!? I need some help to fix this, guys. I don't want to have to break up with her since she's been really fun and caring up to this point. I want to be together for a long time, but I don't know what to do. Please, help me. What do I do about her? What do I do about her friends?

souporman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to say it bud... but if this is long distance, you only see her occasionally, AND a bunch of guys are after her...

Theres pretty much only one likely conclusion.

She's playing you.

Forget about her dude and do some college babes.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Highschool - college relationships never work. Don't question. Just trust me. You broke it off with her before you left, and it should have stayed that way. College chicks are hotter, wilder, and more willing. Do them instead.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drowning
My girlfriend and I got together last year and dated some through the summer until she dumped me before I went off to college.

Have you no self-respect?

I came home for Winter Break a few months later and she all but jumped on me, telling me how sorry she was and how she wanted to get back together.
Looks like this dyke was lonely and bored. Guess she hadn't finished tearing you down yet.

Second, she has a lot of guy friends, and even though I know she wouldn't cheat on me, her "friends" hit on her constantly and I sometimes get a little pissed off at them about it. (She likes telling me about when they do, trying to get me jealous.

She likes to fvck with your mind because she hates you. Whether is you she hates or her dad, it doesnt matter because its coming out at you.

Anyway, she brought it up the other night about how it's bothering her that I'm jealous of her friends and also that its her friends that help her when she's depressed and missing me.

Yeah man, I BET they help.

Lately, she hasn't been very talkative on the phone or the internet, and she's always tired from her new job or sick/hurt from some ailment or another.

Yes i can imagine it would be hard to talk with all those ****s in her mouth.

Always hurt and tired? Ahahahaha. I wish we could switch places right now man so I can put this piece of **** girl in her place.

Listen man, theres nothing wrong with jealousy as long as its not psychotic. She should'nt be trying to make you jealous.

I don't want to have to break up with her since she's been really fun and caring up to this point.

You don't want to break up with her because you're her b1tch man. Shes got you by the nuts you would do anything to stay on the leash she put you on.

This dyke has cheated on you. She doesn't respect you, not even you respect you! If you did you would NEVER have gotten back together with her.

If you were'nt desperate you wouldn't care about this piece of sh1t girl. You're in college man, the easiest place in the world to get laid and you probably havent at all! You have the DJ bible at your disposal and all you do is ***** about your Attention Wh0re high school
slut girlfriend?

DUMP HER. GET A DOSE OF FVCKING REALITY.

My Aim is YogurtTastesgo0d

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, man I really don't know what to tell you. That kind of long distance relationship is hard. Unless you truly know she loves you and you really love her, then I would never dive into one. Next time you see her, sit her down and actually talk to her about the way you feel. Regardless of you many of you define a "man", and man should never be scared to reveal his emotions. Especially to the person he should care most about. If she's sympathetic and responds, then maybe your relationship will start to go in a good direction. Believe me, you will be able to tell.

But if you take the advice of any other guy..you know, the overly accepted "dump her and go fvck some other chick", you'll always wonder "what if I would have actually gotten down to the bottom of things and told her how I really felt?" Take my advice and confide in her. Good luck

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jerky boi you should really come to grips with the fact that you should actually know what you're talking about before you try to give someone else advise.

Its just common decency. chump.

Walking Anomaly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jester, you just put into words what my mind has always wanted to say but never could find the right amount of disgust to express them in. Women are kniving, and manipulative. Make sure women don't mistake your kindness with weakness.

Drowning

Don Juan
Reaction score
How to Keep Interest Level?

Yeah...this one's really biting me in the ass. But I'm just not ready to chew off my own leg yet to get out. So, here's an update for you guys.

Her new problem is that I don't call her anymore (I let her call me, usually.) Or that when I am on the phone, I don't listen. (My roommate is usually screaming his head off over here so it is hard. I usually go outside.)

Then, we get to the topic that her ex-boyfriend is going to be at her prom (which I'm coming back into town for) and that "it's going to be hard with him being there." He's asked to dance with her and I said, "I get all the other dances, so who the **** cares?"

She gets into this topic about how he's really difficult to get over and they still talk all the time and I'm like, "WTF?!" But, wait..."She doesn't want me to take this the wrong way."

ALL IN ALL, she's losing interest in her long distance boyfriend (me) at a malicious speed. How do I jumpstart her interest level from where I am? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

And I know I should dump her, but I'm not going to. So spare me. All I need is to raise her interest level again, but I don't know what to do.

Drowning

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, thanks. Anyone else want to jump on the "Drowning, you're stupid!" train?

The Monkey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drowning
Well, thanks. Anyone else want to jump on the "Drowning, you're stupid!" train?
Hate to break it to you, but that's the way a Don Juan is. Being a Don Juan isn't about getting a particular girl to like you - it's about getting most girls to like you. If a particular girl doesn't, the Don Juan method is to tell her to **** off.

And yah, plenty of us know how hard that is. But once you do it, you'll look back and say "Was I ever a dumbass to let her treat me like some puppy dog.". May take a while, but it will happen.

Drowning

Don Juan
Reaction score
So, when the relationship has problems, run away, huh?

Gold Heart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
where everyone seems to need social acceptance in
Please listen to this and put my advice into action

I know exactly what is going on. I never reply to posts usually but since I know how you feel, I'm going to take my time to actually give you a response. I'm not going to slap you around like everyone else did, because that's the last thing you need, being someone that is confused and unstable in his relationship.

Now listen to me. And listen 200% No matter if you've been going out for 1 month, 3 years, or a decade, even a century, you have to dump this chick. Trust me. The memories, the sex, the good times, it does not matter anymore. Listen to me. It's tough for you because you are involved with her. But since I am outside of it, my mind is clearer.

Remember, the DJ Principles does not change for ANY GIRL. J Lo, Beyonce, Halle Berry, NO ONE. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. Not even your girl.

1. She is disrespecting you through her interactions with other men, especially her ex.
2. She does not take you seriously.
3. She wanted you back because you provided her that emotional stability that every ho wants. DON'T GIVE IT TO HER WHEN SHE TREATS YOU THIS WAY.

This is long enough already and I have to get going. Once again, listen to me like you've never listened before: DUMP HER. There is NO WAY this will work out. If you choose to be with her, you are degrading yourself. This is the equivilent to a girl staying with a man who abuses her physically. Leave her, and don't ever turn back. Don't even be friends. She is a ho. Believe me brother, and trust my words. You will not live to regret it.

It WILL be hard. But once you get over it, you WILL be happy.

Good luck.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
honestly man youre just a b1tch at this point.

you might as well be letting her fvck you in the ass with a strap-on.

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What gives you more credibility than me Jester? Honestly, jumping from girl to girl after you find one thing wrong with somebody isn't very mature to me. Having that "Oh man, she dissed me. I'm gonna go fvck some other chick." attitude isnt going to get you anywhere (not if you're looking for something long term) I'll have to agree with you guys, most women are manipulative, coniving, and deceitful. But at the same time, loosen up a little bit. Every woman isnt all that bad.

I'm not saying get your hopes up and try things with this girl, but be a little open minded. I know it can be hard to believe but not every girl you go out with is going to cheat on you ;) Although if this girl did initially break up with you, she didn't plan on being with you after you got outta high school. At least talk to her first man, then decide what you're going to do. If in fact you find out she has been doing all of those things, then go ahead and unleash all of that aggression and drop her just like Jester would. At least you'll know for sure how she feels.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My overview...

Jester, i agree with you.

Gold Heart: U made some good points, and i agree with alot of them

Drowning: Get over her, and go find yourself some nice college girls.

Jerky Boi: Did you even read the original post correctly? This kind of girl is not JUST any other girl, she needs to be avoided and dumpled asap, if not, then Drowning will just end up heartbroken and hurt.

MetalFortress: short... but wise.

Drowning: It will be hard for you to get over her, but when u do, and when u find someone else, u will realise that u did the right thing by moving on.

Laterz...