Regarding Neg-Hits (to IDJ)

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In another thread

Originally posted by IntermediateDonJuaner
What is a neg-hit?

You will say this "IDJ, you've been here long enough and you don't know what is a neg-hit?"
I wouldn't expect you to know. I was here for months before I knew what it was.

What I see happening on this board is not so much that they SAY things that are not negs (although there is plenty of that going on too) but rather things that COULD be negs are being used in situations where the entire concept of negs doesn't even apply. If you use something that MIGHT be a neg in the wrong way, then that vaguely insulting or ambigous comment (whatever it is) will NEVER be a neg. For it to be a neg SHE has to perceive it as that. You thinking it's a neg hit is not enough, guys. A neg is ultimately defined in terms of the psychological process it's supposed to induce. If the intended effect is not there, there is/was no "neg hit".

The concept of negging originates in Mystery Method (MM). MM targets are primarily (but not limited to) women who are HIRED for their beauty (or recognized for their beauty enough for that to be the case), women who are either celebrities or are treated as such. These women tend to be particularly preoccupied by how they are percieved by others. AND they are used to being hit on. When you approach these types of women in highly charged social situations it would be useful for the woman to have the impression that you are not hitting on her.

A neg is mildly confusing to her. What do AFC's tend to do when they hit on a really hot chick? A lot of them will compliment her, and often with GENERIC compliments which are the worse kind. The compliments get tossed into the vast pile of compliments she gets from gomer lamos all the time. What hot chicks may see following this unoriginal AFC approach is the guy assuaging his bruised ego by tossing insults at the girl as a loser's last ditch expression of his frustration at being rejected. A neg is neither of these, it is AMBIGUOUS. If it's delivered correctly it will not fire any of her anchors that are associated with choad doofuses hitting on her. What's the result? She ends up with the impression that you are not hitting on her.

I don't really think it's all that useful to think of negs in terms of who is ABOVE who and who is on the pedestal or on the defensive. In one way of looking at it, that may be true, but I don't think it clarifies what the effect really is.

That's what neg hits are about. I know that at least a few of you are going to be interested in hearing examples or what is or is not a neg hit. As much as I'd like to help you, to give examples is not why I wrote this. I wrote this because no amount of examples of what is or is not DEFINITIVELY classified as a "neg hit" is going to help you if you don't understand the larger picture of where these concepts come from and what they really are. A ton has been written on what is or is not a neg hit both here and on fastseduction.com. If it is material you want, do some searches because that work has been done.

The other reason I am not giving examples of neg hits in this post is because I no longer use them.

-PDX

Last edited:

Sir Shags Alot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried to use neg hits for awhile. There is definatly a time and place for them. If used at the wrong person or incorrectly you will ruin all chances of hooking up. I noticed that when I used neg hits they were allways on hot women. Not all hot women are full of themselves, so I sometimes cut my nose off. I believe neg hits work, but I don't use them anymore. I use my charm, convo, and looks to get women. If a hot chick has a stick up her ass I just move on, no skin off my back!