Recommend vitamins / supplements for stress

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like the title says. I've always been kind of neurotic but in the past couple of months it's really gotten out of hand. I'm often twitchy and my heart starts racing at the first sign of a difficult situation.

I've heard good things about extract of avena sativa (oats) as a mild sedative - and anyway it's super-cheap.

I already work out, take a multi, and I even do a little yoga...not really sure why my stress slevels have been so high lately, maybe because I'm about to go to grad school and I just got a new girlfriend.

Anyway, it's starting to affect my daily life in unpleaant ways. Advice?

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The first thing I'd probably get would be magnesium. Poliquin's own brand would be good:

http://us.cpoliquin.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MAGNESIUM+GLYCINATE

If you get it elsewhere, make sure and get anything but magnesium oxide. Any form ending in ate is better. Poliquin's stuff will be of the highest quality though, but so are his prices I think. Another option would be to do epsom salt baths with 400-600g of salts 2-3 times a week.

On the pricer side you have stuff like this:

http://us.cpoliquin.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PHOPHATIDYL+SERINE+CAPS&Show=TechSpecs

Again you could probably get it cheaper elsewhere. I've heard it raved about a lot though.

You could checkout some of the other stuff in Poliquin "stress" section for ideas. Those two supplements are under there btw.

Good luck,

Quagmire

sofiadavis1

Reaction score
Vitamin A 5000 I.U.
bullet Vitamin E 30 I.U.
bullet Vitamin C up to: 250 mg
bullet Folic Acid 400 mcg
bullet Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 2.25 mg
bullet Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin 2.6 mg
bullet Niacinamide 20 mg
bullet Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) 3 mg
bullet Vitamin B12 9 mcg
bullet Vitamin D 400 I.U.

princyroger

Reaction score
Vitamin A is a best for relief in Stress, namely that the inositol that works. Vitamin C is obtained from citrus fruits and other delicious and even spinach. Vitamin C is an antioxidant, and therefore helps to reduce stress and prevents scurvy.