Rape (Serious Question)

TheOneForce

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey serious question here :

About a year or so ago , my gf was raped by one of her friends when she went over to his house 2 see his sister. This was b4 we started goin out and she just told me earlier this week. For some reason she blames it on herself and i try 2 convince her that its not. The guy knew she was innocent, so he took advantage of her. She was all upset and cryin when she told me and said he raped her cuz she was bein a tease. (Which even if she was , thats no fvckin excuss, there is no excuss 4 rape :cuss: :mad: )

What can i do to assure her that it wasnt her fault and 2 stop talkin bad about her self ?

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make her feel loved and cared about. DONT TALK ABOUT IT DIRECTLY UNLESS YOU NEED TO. Let her know you're there.

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd do exactly what the above poster said, but remember, if things get too hairy and you just can't seem to convince her, get her some professional help, because rape can, and usually does screw people up for the rest of their lives.

Reaction score
cuddle cuddle cuddle...

don't make any direct sexual advances without her full consent. dont try gunwitch here.

next her if something better comes along.

edit: don't try to be her psychiatrist anytime anywhere, show some sympathy, but don't try to solve any problems.

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rape is a very serious occurance.

I concur with most of what has been said. Always keep the option of professional help open, as things like this can cause some serious mental and emotional damage.

I'm not sure how deep you are into this relationship, but being there is important. In saying that, you cannot let her become emotionally dependent on you, as healing is something that she needs to do personally.

You just gotta be there for her man. Normality will be difficult to achieve, but keep things simple with her, and hopefully the situation starts to head towards a more positive side.

Good luck.