Question on daydreaming/fantasizing

somewhatsuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does stopping yourself from daydreaming/fantasizing about situations or youself improve your inner game?

Rocko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
...listen man, please research on google or ask a psychologist. Daydreaming is necessary for your body to function, it keeps the imagination alive and it helps sort out certain things in the brain. It is a basic human necessity, only reason why I am posting this is because I am sick of hearing dumb questions that can be found out somewhere else without wasting our time. Thank you

mountain

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't listen to the flame, somewhatsuave. I think the only daydreaming that is going to hurt your inner game is visualizing failure. While its impossible to keep yourself from thinking about worst case scenarios, you should remind yourself to think positively.

JezDuffield

Banned
Reaction score
An AUSSIE SOLDIER "Private Jake Cosgrove" DREAMED about SHOOTING himself DEAD and whilst on consignment in Iraq another AUSSIE SOLDIER was playing the Irish band the CRANBERRIES song DREAMS and he SHOT himself in the head and DIED, now they want to know if the song is DEMONIC but it does prove one thing that DREAMS can and do come TRUE sometimes.:yes: :mad: :yes:

Rocko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mountain said:
Don't listen to the flame, somewhatsuave. I think the only daydreaming that is going to hurt your inner game is visualizing failure. While its impossible to keep yourself from thinking about worst case scenarios, you should remind yourself to think positively.
Right, this coming from a man with no successful posts, mmhmm, I'm a flame who has taken psychology courses and they discussed this in the sleeping and dreaming states of mind, you should check it out, it may help you out in more ways than you could ever imagine

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Daydreaming/fantasizing is very bad. Avoid it at all costs.

I know from personal experience that fantasies don't make real world action any easier, and can even have you thinking things will be easier than they really are, making you likely to quit when you get a taste of brutal reality. They can also get your hopes up too high, causing you to be disappointed no matter what happens.

If you're good at them - like I am - the fantasy will become so engrossing that it will actually satisfy the desire you have, and you'll lose all motivation to even attempt the real thing.

Learn meditating to keep your mind empty and your focus on the world, not yourself - since this leads to self-consciousness which will make you fearful and hesitant.

somewhatsuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks visceral. That does make sense abouyt how it leads you to be self-conscious and that's the last thing you need when approaching girls.

Reaction score
Good post

mountain said:
Very nice!... Signed... i.e. stop thinking about how your x is enjoying s.ucking some other guys d.ick and taking it in the a.ss... :)

Reaction score
I disagree

Visceral said:
Daydreaming/fantasizing is very bad. Avoid it at all costs.

I know from personal experience that fantasies don't make real world action any easier, and can even have you thinking things will be easier than they really are, making you likely to quit when you get a taste of brutal reality. They can also get your hopes up too high, causing you to be disappointed no matter what happens.

Listen there are different types of fantasizing, some good some bad, so I guess he should have been clearer on what he fantasizes about.. But some are even IMPORTANT>. for example, if you go to college, at some point it can get old and boring, but then if you think (fantasize) about what will come at the end having that degree (i.e. sucessful job, money, fun) etc... It will help you to keep going, i.e. gives you incentive to finish and not drop out..

on the other hand, as I mentioned fantasizing about your x cheating on you or something is not good, unless you get turned on by that rush.. i.e. some husbands like getting their wifes f.ucked by someone else (thats not the don juan way lol)

chickenlegs03

Banned
Reaction score
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

I believe imagination, daydreaming, and fantasizing are all very powerful tools.

Daydreaming and fantasizing can be good and bad. It's bad when you "wish it could happen." It is very good and powerful, however, when you believe it can and will happen.

For example, I recently wrote down what qualities I want the ideal girl to have...fantasized about it, believed it, and in 2 days (yesterday) I met a girl with those exact qualities I had imagined.

I used to daydream all the time. I would dream and fantasize sooo much it got in the way of studying and everything. It was my escape from my sh*tty reality at the time. I would close my eyes, go there, and when I came back I would suck at life. I thought those things in my dreams would never happen.

But the key is to choose what you daydream about, and believe it can happen. When you come out of a dream, you have to feel like you already have accomplished what you dream about. Then release that feel-good energy and give off the "I am the sh*t" vibe.

This is all stuff I've learnt from a book I'm reading called "Attractor Factor." I'm sure there's other books out there as well who teach you the power of visualization.

All I'm saying is, don't dismiss daydreaming altogether. Sure you shouldn't let it get in the way of your real life, but being able to visualize well is actually a skill that can really improve your life. Learn to hone it. I haven't even scratched the surface yet, and I'm amazed at the possibilities...