Question: great pickup spot that isn't

Reaction score
There is a place in my town which ought to be the greatest pickup spot on earth, but isn't & I'm confused about it. Most places I go (like coffee shops, book stores, etc) I occasionally get a woman making eye contact. But at this place, never.

Let me describe it: it's a hippy-esque whole-foods grocery + cafeteria, with a large outdoor garden where bands play on Thursdays & Sundays. It is always crawling with good-looking women. The culture is that touchy-feely, new-agey, hippy thing. There is a lot of feminism, liberalism, & homosexuality there, yes, but there are TONS of women & not a whiff of real testosterone anywhere in sight.

Should I push harder at this place? Or is it really true that there are places in this world which ought to be ideal hunting grounds, but because of some cosmic joke are the opposite? Perhaps the family-friendly atmosphere is detrimental? For example, anywhere else I go, my chopper is an instant converseation starter. Here, nada.

So what's the popular wisdom re. selection of hunting grounds?

BuckwildNYC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know what you are talking about. People who go to places like that aren't overly concerned with looks. You might be a good looking guy but unless you have something very unique about yourself you are not going to get mush attention.

I have a friend who's a light skin Puerto-Rican with dreads lol and hes scores like crazy in these type of places cause he dresses hip and his game is tight. Its all about the conversation in these places.

Its good and bad that your not getting looks from chicks there. You have to assume that these girls aren't gonna shoot you down just based on your appearance...... as long as you have something witty to say. Try talking about travelling or cultural things with these people. I personally don't like that scene but good luck. I prefer places with shallow girls just looking to have a good time with a cool guy over the girls at these places looking to have a deep conversation.

Reaction score
Hey Avon, actually I AM looking for LTR (I am 35 Y.O.), so no trouble there. Buck, I am not terribly good looking & I do live by my wits, but I do not look like a hippy, nor am I into all this bull$h1t with the crystals & the beads & the (bastardized) Eastern religions, and that could be the problem. Dreads are probably the right look at a place like that. Maybe the hippies are just as into looks as anybody else, but they're into the hippy look.

Anyway, a buddy of mine just told me that several people he knows have made the same observation independently. I guess that confirms that it's not my imagination. I've become obsessed with the idea that, if I could crack the code, I'd have a gold mine, but maybe there's no code to crack & I ought to just hang out somewhere else. I thought perhaps a masculine man from the Humphrey Bogart / Cary Grant school would have a field day there since there isn't a real man in sight (just a bunch of SNAGs exploring their feminine side). But even Bogey would be hard-pressed to find something to work with if he were confronted with a table full of dreadlocked hippy chicks shouting "I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!" :) Is it possible that there is a subculture of women who actually *PREFER* SNAGs? If so, I should RUN, not walk, in the other direction :)

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Natural food stores are JACKPOTS for milfs. I work in a hardware store next to one and see them walking in all the time.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by splinterkb
Natural food stores are JACKPOTS for milfs. I work in a hardware store next to one and see them walking in all the time.
how many single moms can afford organic food?

RBB

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As a teen, wanting to be a "SNAG" is what eventually killed my game. Finally I learn that it is the evilness of hollywood that created such a thing in the Freddie Princie Jrs and such.

"SNAG" robbed me of youth. See "Cinderella Story" for more insight. I'm gonna go set some plastic soldiers on fire.. :mad:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Avon,

You misunderstand the chopper, my friend. I spent less than $8000 building it; the monetary value is not what's impressive about it; it's the fact that I built it (which you can tell just by looking at it). It's 500 lbs of "flair!" :) What I was getting at is, usually people (male & female) sieze upon it as an instant conversation starter: "Did you build it yourself?"
"Can I go for a ride?"
"Hey there young feller, I had a BSA when I got out of the Army in Korea!"

That sort of thing. To have people not notice it is weird. It would be like showing up at a black-tie affair w/a rubber chicken on your head & nobody says anything.

RBB

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JD,

Hmm.. no EC?!? That's weird. It can't be! I could only suggest you to dress in your usual manly manner distinguishing yourself from the gay folk/SNAG, and head for the grocery shop. Ask the clerk advice for some vitamins, pills, muscular relaxants, whatever manly item they sell and then BUY SOMETHING!! Therefore it wouldn't look as if you were there purely to PU/perve. Head to the cafeteria buy some drink and proceed to sit where ever is the best location for maximum attention. Put your bag of crap down, nearby and visible. Pull out a crystal and place it infront of you and then pull out your own choice of a "hippyish" book and proceed to be on the lookout.

You better GET EC!! Attention should be brought to you by the friggin' crystal (which you placed in a bull**** good luck, karma spot), the hippy book you have in your hands (origami, go mental with a napkin), the coffee cup (if you're outside sitting by the central water fountain I just made up), and the bag of hippy crap you just bought (and will never use).

I know you're gonna hate it. But everyone else around you should atleast check you out. Then approach any HB passer-byers and ask them about the coffee, origami, crystals, vitamins, pills and muscle relaxants.

Goodluck!

and don't forget to leave that coffee stained swan napkin you just made by the water fountain behind. You mister, will be the talk of the hippy town!

:crackup:

RBB

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously, goodluck! But if you're not hippy why would you be looking in these places for LTRs? You're probably gonna hate it!

Sloopy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah - I drift between the shallow party and the hippie scene. They are two different worlds. From my experience, a lot of these girls are playing a whole different game. If you play an instrument, write, can discuss literature or politics or philosophy with them - they'll eat that stuff up. You can't be too ****y because they often look down on that - many of them are very communal. This is not to say you should be a pushover but your jokes should be witty and fresh - not tired, predictable, and overused like David DeAngelo's material. But seriously - with a lot of these girls...eye contact isn't always necessary. Just go up to one of them, sit down, and say "What's going on, sister?" They respond well to openly nice characters (notice I am not saying nice GUYS here). Hell, if you're really good/lucky you'll run across the ones who are into free love and spiritual commune through sex. They are GREAT lays.

~Sloopy

P.S. Does anyone know why the forum censors the word "o u t w a r d?"

Sloopy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RBB
Seriously, goodluck! But if you're not hippy why would you be looking in these places for LTRs? You're probably gonna hate it!
That's not necessarily true. Hippies come in all personalities. They are often some of the most amazing and beautiful people you will ever meet - once you can get past all the pretentious bullshyt (which you will find really isn't so pretentious after all).

~Sloopy

RBB

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
:woo: I'm gonna run as fast as I can to the nearest hippy camp! :woo:

Would you object to:
Originally posted by Sloopy
free love and spiritual commune through sex.
Please mark a box below with a 'x'.

[ ] Yes
[xxxxxxxx!!1!] No

Lomi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you hit the nail on the head in your first post dude, no testosterone around, a homo atmosphere, they may think you are gay and that is why they are a waste of time. If they won't make eye contact with you walk up to one you are attracted to and say something that doesn't sound like a pickup line but gets a conversation started then go for the eye contact and play the rest of your game from that.