Question About CARDIO

DJ HOSSIX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive Read In Diesels Guide To Cutting Up That 20-30 Minutes Of Cardio Is Required.

Could That Cardio Be 1 Hour Of Playing Basketball @ The Gym 5 Times A Week...?

I Hate Running On The Treadmill, It Bores Me.

But When I Play Basketball I Enjoy My Time And I Sweat Much Heavier.

sactown1

Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO if you are going to do any cardio it should be some hiit on your off days, that is if you are doing weight training

Reaction score
Cardio is cardio.

Basketball is cardio. It's not weights is it? Then its cardio.

And 5 times a week? Seems a little too much, especially with the weight training. Try to do it 2-3 times a week. Otherwise... can you spell "muscle loss along with the fat loss"?

DJ HOSSIX

Don Juan
Reaction score
I Weight Train 5 Times A Week.

Before I Begin I Play Ball For An Hour.

So....This Is Not Good?

Nutrition Wise Im Doing Very Well...

I Juss Need To Speed Up My Fat Loss.

My Diet Is Well Stabled.

I Eat 6 Small Portion Meals Before 6 pm And Then Not Eat At All.
Before I Go 2 Sleep I Drink A Protien Shake And Take My Vitamins.

Does This Sound Bad...??

Thanks 4 The Input

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What time do you get up? Not eating after a set time is probably a bad idea, unless you are going to bed at 7pm. Allow enough time in the day to get 6-8 meals in with adequate protein/carb/fat/calorie levels for your bodytype, height & weight. (Meals should roughly be every 2.5-3 hours).

Shouldn't really do cardio before weight training, as different fueling is required for both. But if you really have to, drink half of your protein shake after you finish weight training, do cardio for say 20-30 minutes, then drink the other half of your shake.

disciple

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
5 days of cardio isn't necessary.

3-4 days is cool.

If you use basketball as your cardio workout, make sure it is full court basketball as you tend to remain in constant motion more than when playing a halfcourt game of 3 on 3 or 2 on 2.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basketball is good for conditioning, less than stellar for fat loss cardio.

Sprints and other High Intensity Interval Training. Basketball is somewhat of HIIT, but due to the very brief sprints, and the abundance of very low intensity movements, generally on defense or offensive plays, it's not the ideal cardio. Now, if you're like the Phoenix Suns, and run fast break after fast break, and you're jumping and running all over the place, as hard as you can go, then yes, it's good. This is generally not the case though. Best bet, form a sprint based workout.

El MonoLoco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just my opinion here but...

I would stop hitting the weights 5 times a week...3-4 days per week should be enough...

I would switch your cardio routine to after you lift as you'll burn way more calories that way...or start doing your cardio in the morning....

I wouldn't play ball for an hour b4 lifing...maybe 10 minutes...your just trying to warm up not lose all your energy

Your diet seems like it might be ok....I'd just switch one thing and thats the shake b4 bed....to keep your metabolism high you want to eat a couple of hours b4 you go to sleep not right b4...your metabolism slows down while you are sleeping and your body won't process food the same as if you were awake and active. I'd drink the shake right after your workout so you replenish your muscles with protein immediatley.

Also you might want to include some endurance type cardio into your workout...you'll burn more calories doing that then just playing ball..

:up:

DJ HOSSIX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice Nice.

What Would You Give An Example Of An Endurance Work Out.

Another Thing I Used To Be Obese, Ive Lost A Good Amount Of Weight And Became Built.

My Question Is, I Havent Fully Lost My Stomach. Its Still A Little Big.
Should I Work Out My Abs Or Just Stick To Cardio Untill The Fat Goes Away And Then Start On The Abs.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, train your abs or else when you get to 10% bodyfat and below your abs will be underdeveloped, and will not be visible.

sactown1

Don Juan
Reaction score
eat big but clean and lift big, try to be active as possible, and your stomach will melt right off and you will gain some more muscle along the way.