Putting the F back in C&F

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've realised I need to work on my funny side - I'm good at busting on women (making fun and using sarcasm), but I'm missing out on jokes, funny stories and crap like that.

So I'd like to improve that. You guys got suggestions? What kinda moves do you use?

Of course I don't need any help on the ****y side ;)

Cheers,
Oscar.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I notice that if you are too ****y to a girl..and they start feeling defensive..they wont even laugh at the funniest joke/humour you could say..because

1) they are somewhat subconsciously angry at you

2) they think all of your jokes are geared towards busting on her.

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Starman
I notice that if you are too ****y to a girl..and they start feeling defensive..they wont even laugh at the funniest joke/humour you could say
Yeah, defo, but I'm pretty good at avoiding that or defusing if it does happen. Of course, some women are just b!tches (see Mr. Fingers shield post).

Osc

Quick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, it's a whole lot more valuable to be able to make humor on the spot, then having stories and jokes to tell. What works great for me is that I'm quick on my feet and find the humor in any situation and point it out. When you tell jokes, you're actually taking yourself out of the context of the conversation.

For instance, a girl yesterday was trying to remember the name of a cheerleader, and to help her remember she was simulating the arm movements the girl always made. I told her I thought it was cute how the arm movements helped her memory, and I was scared of which movements she'd remember me by. This was funnier and did much more to build rapport than any joke could do. The key is interaction. I tease girls, but never what you would call a "neg hit". Nothing that could seriously make anyone insecure about themselves. The key for me is to notice everything that they say and do.

I've had more than one girl tell me I'm one of the funniest people they have known, yet I never use anything other than sarcasm. When I tell stories, they're never laugh out loud funny. They're situations that probably relate to something she has just said. I personally believe that if your conversation is in response to hers and you get enough rapport, she'll find you a lot funnier than if you told Seinfeld jokes all day. She'll enjoy herself a lot more and feel happier, states of mind that will translate in her memory to Quick = A very fun time.

Bud Wiser

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great observation, Quick. And, in my case, true.

It's always more effective to serve up the humor on the spot -- hot n' fresh. It's a very important skill to acquire.

stallion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
argggg

where on earth can I find a seinfeld show?????
It is pretty hard for me to find the reruns... if anybody has pointers, plese help me out.

I've been dying to see them once but never got the chance to because by the time I came to this country, the shows over!

Brasco

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't you have cable or a dish man, seinfeld reruns are everywhere. Every night I could watch a half dozen reruns if i wanted to.

I am not one to tell jokes to the ladies, but I still make them laugh. One liners are the best, I use them all the time but you have to be quick to pull off one liners. I'll give you an example, I was at the store a few days ago I talk to one of the girls that works there, if she aint busy I stay and talk to her for a few minutes before I go. She really seems to enjoy me. Anyway, a few days ago I was over their and I was talking to her and another girl that works there. Some fat guy walks in the store, he had on these weird looking shorts and his legs were as white as my a**. I seen the two girls chuckle a bit when they seen him, so I turned around to have a look and then turned back to them with a semi serious look on my face and said "He has a good look". They lost it, they both went outback to laugh it off. All i said was a quick one liner and I had them in tears. Never laugh with them when you say something funny just kind of smile afterwards while they are laughing.

Premier

Don Juan
Reaction score
Brasco and Quick are right on point here. The key is to come up with something right on the spot. Rehearsed jokes and stories are never as funny to them as you think they are.

I feel that timing is one of the real keys to making someone laugh. Speaking of Seinfeld, it is timing that made that show as funny as it was. Jerry Seinfeld is not a great actor, but he has great comedic timing and it's what made the show work. Don't make a comment on something that happened 15 minutes before.

Quick and witty one liners are the best way to go, and Brasco is right in saying that you shouldn't laugh at your own jokes. Just a simple smile is all that is needed.

tamale

Banned
Reaction score
Oscar,

We all know you do an excellent job of putting the F in F A G, and the F in F A I R Y. Now stop pretending to be all tough , and act like a mature man.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ouch, Tamale, between Oscar-bashing and that German guy you make fun of, you're working up quite the mean b1tch reputation 'round here.

On topic, situational comedy is always more funny. It's called a "sense" of humor for a reason. It refers to the ability to "sense" something funny almost anywhere.
Once you have a knack for it, it becomes easy.

Knock it off with the corny two-guys-walk-into-a-bar jokes. Just relax, make light of the subtle, be sarcastic, always be cheerful, and just flow with it.

Here's something that just popped into my head as something you might want to try. It's pretty versatile. Just start smiling like this :D . She will most likely ask why you are grinning like a big idiot and she might even start smiling herself. That's when you make some kind of crack about her. Maybe "you got big piece of corn stuck between your teeth!" or something like that.
She will probably crack up and punch you.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
<gingerly stepping between combatants raising flame-throwers just before triggers are pulled back full....>

Oscar---there are so many different types of humor that you may have a few already and not recognize it.

For example, I read D'Angeles' or D'Angelos' (I forget the name) examples of C&F and find about 20% or 25% funny. I figure the rest of it has to be in the moment and delivered in a certain tone that I'm just not picking up from the newsletter.

Or I have quite a bit different type of humor than he does.

I use sarcasm. I point out contradictions. I have a certain feel for the absurd (shared by few, unfortunately...) I dearly love word-play and will admit to occasionally engaging in a pun, but I truly deeply madly love playing with ideas (a level beyond wordplay) in such fashion that ideas become juxtaposed or pun-like (sorry, can't provide examples, it's all contextual...)

And I use it as MY test of those around me. If you unaware I told a joke, you have no chance of anything beyond a ONS and even that is questionable. If you get the humor, you've got my attention. And if you can reply or play with it, ah.....!

Find your humor out of yourself (what makes you laugh, what you find funny in life, etc.) and grow out of that. Imatating others will get you started---to a point. This would be trying things for fit, so to speak, but should be quickly worked thru or you become annoying and imatative (both traits are social killers..)

And if you find you have no sense of humor (you can't laugh, you never laugh, or--like someone tone-deaf, you just can't convey humor of any sort regardless of what you try) then rely on some other trait and take her to comedy clubs.

Bud Wiser

Don Juan
Reaction score
This Is Money

Originally posted by TesuqueRed
Find your humor out of yourself (what makes you laugh, what you find funny in life, etc.) and grow out of that. Imatating others will get you started---to a point. This would be trying things for fit, so to speak, but should be quickly worked thru or you become annoying and imatative (both traits are social killers..)
Bingo -- that's what works best for me. It's so much about being "in the moment", listening, keenly observing the immediate surroundings or ideas put forth in the conversation -- and putting the emphasis on having fun, rather than constantly wondering, "does she like me?"

The result is that you've created a unique experience that's for her and her alone. Women love that.

For me, Rule Number One is: GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ARSEHOLE BEFORE YOU MEET THE WOMAN

dontmindme

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just saw an old episode of MTV's Dismissed last night, and one of the guys was doing his C&F bit, but unfortunately, not enough of the F. Although the other guy looked and acted kinda AFC-ish, she dismissed the C&F guy because he was 'too ****y.'

Anyways, she seemed to be just picking the lesser of two evils because she didn't look too excited about the AFC guy either. At least she picked up camera time.

The moral of the story, remember to be funny. :)

Umbra

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, it's a whole lot more valuable to be able to make humor on the spot, then having stories and jokes to tell. What works great for me is that I'm quick on my feet and find the humor in any situation and point it out. When you tell jokes, you're actually taking yourself out of the context of the conversation.
This is how I make people laugh as well. My type of humor has been called banter. I just keep escalating humor off the conversation by using everything around me, including the people I'm speaking with and the conversation itself. To be truly funny, I've noticed that observation is a very important skill. As Premier mentioned, timing is also important.

BTW Quick, the arm movement line was pretty damn good. ;)