Prepare some opening lines for every pickup scenario!!!

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys, here is a basic but very important tip. From my experience doing pickups, I have realised that it is important to sit and write down several opening lines (ie conversation openers) for each pickup situation that you want to practice. I know this is obvious advice, but if you go out unprepared, you will feel less confident and make excuses for not approaching. However, if you have some openers in your mind then you will never be stuck for what to say, and therefore you will feel more confident about doing an approach.
Let me give you some examples. For me, the places/scenarios I want to get good at doing pickups are libraries, mcd's/eating places, bus stops/bus, shops, the street, shop assistants, bars and trains/train stations. Sit down and list all the places and scenarios YOU want to be able to pickup girls in. Now think of 3 or 4 different opening lines for each scenario. Finally, remember those lines in your head before you go out, then go out and field test each one. Ok, there will be times where you will have to adapt your opening line slightly based on the situation, but if you have some prepared you will mostly be ok.
In my experience, the best opening lines are 'natural' ways into conversation, lines that do not make it seem like you are doing a pickup. This way you have much more of a chance of her talking to you. NEVER use a cheesy pickup line.
If you need me to give you opening lines for each scenario, please ask, I am in the process of thinking of some right now. For a bus stop opening line you could say any of the following:-
'Excuse me, do you know what time the bus to (insert town) is'?
'Excuse me, do you know if there's a bus that goes to (insert town)?'
'Excuse me, do you know if the bus to (insert town) stops here?'
Then you're into conversation, it's easy to continue.

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Or is it is a loca bus stop:

hi, have you been waiting long? (because the buses run on a scadule):D

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
W&D: It'd be easier to see if you posted it up for us ;)

This reminds me of like the 'rebuttle book' the guy had in BOILER ROOM... We should compile a list like that!