Pre-Work out supplements

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone here uses for their pre-workout supplement.

I find formulas combining methylxanthine-based stimulants (so basically chemical cousins of caffeine), with creatine esters, and Arginine-AKG seem to work great for me for strength, mental focus, vascularity and pumps.

I used to use ephedrine/caffeine at 24 mg/200 mg w/ a multivitamin before, but I found this made almost anxious. I'll still use this prior to cardio sessions when I'm cutting up for a photoshoot or something.

I really like Armageddon by StarChem labs, and superpump 250 by Gaspari, Rush by ISS is pretty decent too. I hear good things about NaNOx9, especially the vapor stuff by MuscleTech, and NO Explode by BSN.

What do you use?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have my own custom NO mix which I find superior to any branded product, but has made me throw up more than once so I use it sparingly now. :D

otherwise not much. stimulants do very little for me. I've had 400mg of caffeine pre-workout and it still did jack all.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my preworkout shake is:

A. 2 diced apples
B. 1 scoop of whey
C. 1 or 2 scoops of creatine, depending on whether im feeling fresh or not.
D. 10g of glutamine
E. couple scoops of natural yogurt.
F. Some ice

If I remember, I also have some BCAAs and a thermo before, but rarely remember.

Throw all that in a blender, and it turns into a dynamite smoothie. It's essentially the same as my postworkout shake, just different amounts.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude said:
Just wondering what everyone here uses for their pre-workout supplement.

I find formulas combining methylxanthine-based stimulants (so basically chemical cousins of caffeine)
I assume your talking about Theobromine?

If not, look into that as well. You'll find some interesting stuff about it, and where it is found as well. (Think a womans favorite sweet) :)

Its half life and the way it acts in the body is different than caffeine though. Mainly the CNS

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Other methylxanthine compounds include theobromine from chocolate, but i was getting at compounds like theophyline (from green tea, etc). Theophylline and even actual caffeine is actually used clinically as a bronchodilator, so its not tough to see how they would be useful in preworkout supplements. I'm sure there's also good combinations of stimulants from green tea/guarana, etc.

Warboss...now I'm curious, whats' in your pre-WO shake?

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just my personal experience with some of them. I think it all comes down to your own body chemistry. Some stuff may be awesome for some but not do much for someone else.

BSN NO Explode: Have had a few "Holy cr@p" workouts on it. Where I was just throwing around weights like a madman. It takes a while for it to kick in for me (around 45min-1 hr) but I seem to be able to workout the longest on this stuff, and tire out less. And push heavier weights with a lot of control.

Shock Therapy: Kicks in really quick for me - around fifteen minutes. Never really had any spectacular workouts with it. Not bad, but not so great. Tastes HORRIBLE.

Gaspari SuperPump 250: Expensive, tastes great. The fruit punch tastes like a really sweet/really sour version of Tang.
The stuff doesn't really do anything for me though. I feel "awake" pretty quick, within fifteen minutes, but don't really feel like I have much energy to be lifting weights.

Rockstar Juiced Energy Drink: I've had some pretty good workouts drinking two of the big cans of Rockstar. I don't workout as long as NO Explode, but not bad.

Generic brand caffeine pills: 400mgs preworkout, really didn't do much for me...a bit of a bump, mostly just feeling queazy.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got my own formula i'm getting ready to make too for myself.

I'm flavoring it with Iced Blue Raspberry Lemonade Kool-Aide :D

I dont mind mixing 5 or 6 ingredients because I can put in it what I want and not have to worry about some companies mix and proprietary blends. And if I want to add something, I can do that.

I'll probably do mine in a scoop and weigh it all on the scale first, or dump in X amount then divide by the size of scoop I have to get a rough estimate.

I save so much more customizing my stuff. The only thing I dont customize is my fish oil caps and multi. Everything else I do, I do myself.

I think i'm going to call it FVCK Full Volume Creatine Kick :crackup:

fitvin

Reaction score
Pre-workout supplementing?

Hi all,

I'm in high school. My track season starts in a week. I've been lifting a little bit on my own but I can't put on much mass because I run the 800 and 1600. However, I'd like to keep lifting to gain strength (and of course some mass ;) ).

I plan on lifting in my school gym after practice. But I imagine I'll probably be winded after some of my workouts...would it be a bad idea to take something like NO2 between practice and the gym to re-energize me?

Thanks...
Kevin

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Food!