Powerpoints - Don't lose your energy - General Life Advice

DJ_Tekinkel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi All,

Whilst I'm new to this forum, I have personally and always have been a big believer in improving ones self.

I believe if you improve your lifestyle, everything else falls into place.

I don't know if people have heard of this theory, but it's one I use and it's a great analogy on how to keep focus on whats good for you
I call it the powerpoint/powerplug whatever theory.

Because if you focus on negativity, unnecessary distractions your lifestyle will deteriorate, or stagnate at the least. It will not be as good as it COULD be and you will not feel as GOOD as you should!

A lot of the problems with most people is not women causing the problems, it's mostly themselves.

The good thing is because its YOU, YOU can fix yourself! You have the power to do it! So half the challenge is gone since it's something you have control over! (or will)

I believe most problems will sort themselves out if that person learned to focus on whats good for them. I'm a big believer in self improvement, but for this article specifically I would like to address how to remove all thats bad.

For this article I would like to focus on Your Energy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Picture yourself as a powerboard, with plugs coming into you.
Essential for most people to have plugged into their powerboards

Work, Money, Health, Relationship, Time

Now you can't unplug everything! Unless you are someone really lucky, chances are you will have those 5 plugged in. Now think of allllll the other stuff plugged into your power board, draining your energy

Drama/Issues, Relationships, Poor Friendships/Bad People, Drugs Alcohol, Addictions, time wasting unproductiveness... etc etc

Now I want you to draw up a powerboard , with leads coming out leading to everything that is CURRENTLY draining your energy. Question everything coming out of it and ask why are you letting THAT use your energy.

If you have a friendship/relationship thats causing nothing but drama/stress/anything constantly, then DISCONNECT IT

If you find your addicted to games and spend all day on it instead of living, or doing drugs too much or smoking (Free world!) but if your doing tooo much and you know it DISCONNECT IT

If you are having MONEY problems, follow the LEAD and find whats sapping it. Drinking every weekend? DISCONNECT IT

You want to disconnect all unneccessary stuff in your life!
Bad relationships
Negative Thoughts
Looks (Not happy? try improve)
Money (What can you do)

I CAN ALWAYS DO SOMETHING TO IMPROVE MY LIFE - ALWAYS - NO MATTER HOW PERFECT YOU CAN ALWAYS MAKE IT BETTER - NO MATTER HOW SMALL YOU CAN STILL IMPROVE

Repeat that line over and over until you get it.

YOU CAN ALWAYS IMPROVE ALWAYS

Start by disconnecting all that BULL**** that drains your attention, your focus, your energy.

I hope this helps anyone in some way then it was worth typing.

EDIT: I also want to include - By incorporating this into your LIFE you will automatically assume a selector, You will learn to choose WHO and WHAT is part of your life, and you will gain CONFIDENCE by CHOOSING where YOUR energy is spent.

So start Disconnecting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that human energy is limited. In a lot of ways I compare human life to other forms, such as plants. We're growing all of the time, and we've only got so many resources and energy to distribute to that growth.

If you have a plague sucking you, cut it. When a tree has a deformed and decaying limb, we prune.

Life isn't too much different in those regards.

This advice is good, and I can see how that metaphor (of being a powerboard) might help you visualize what is draining you.

But I prefer to think of life as a garden bed, and I've got a certain number of things growing (some I've just started...others have been providing me with fruit through the years). So I try to plant new seeds, water them and care for them so they grow (but not too much). If it becomes a hassle to the other plants, or if it is draining the garden entirely, time to pull that sucker out and plant something new :)

much love.