Popin the question soon

ian1988

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well...i finally decided that im gonna ask this girl out from work whom ive known for about a year now.

we get along rather well. Im always ****y and funny around her and she always trying to give me a thumping but she knows that im just kidding and that she'll never be able to land a clean shot at me :)

When i met her she was still seeing someone. but she still kinda acts a lil flirtatious with me. Lying on me..etc etc. She just broke up with this guy recently and i think i was the first person she told(good sign?) but yes i think my time has come.

Only problem i see now is that we might have crossed into the 'just friends' stage as we have know each other for a while and this was when i was still a nancy sensative boy who wasnt a man and was always talking about pour problems. This was until i started reading some david deangelo stuff!

Ive led her on by saying ive got a question i have to ask her....but i dont want to do it over a text mesage.

do you guys think im doin the right thing?

Lukef29

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ian1988
Well...i finally decided that im gonna ask this girl out from work whom ive known for about a year now.
Dude, don't ask her out; that's middle school crap. Like said before, show her you want more in the relationship with actions. If she likes you enough, you won't have to ask her out, she'll just consider you two a couple.

ian1988

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well i duno. I saw her today while i was working. and she poped in. She was with some other guy at the movies and telling me how he was trying to hard to pretend to be her guy.

She tells me most of the **** that happens to her which makes me wonder if im just a really good friend. was tempted to ask her there and then until she started telling me about what happend...LOL..this is soo anoying!

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ian1988
Well i duno. I saw her today while i was working. and she poped in. She was with some other guy at the movies and telling me how he was trying to hard to pretend to be her guy.

She tells me most of the **** that happens to her which makes me wonder if im just a really good friend. was tempted to ask her there and then until she started telling me about what happend...LOL..this is soo anoying!
This could have been a test man. You should show that you can handle competition by showing respect to her yet also showing that you don't need her. As long as yo uare decently good-looking, and are C&F to her likeing, and show her that you and not she is the prize, the other guy will be forgotten. You need to look like you have little time for her due to other girls.

ian1988

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK So i finally asked her out today it went something like this.

me:So..yes ive about that question...wanna go out with me?

Her:I dont know. Your a cool guy bla bla bla

Subject changed

Now its over txt.

Me: that was the worst response you could ahve gave me

Her:im sorry ....honestly ur a good guy but also a good mate and i dont know we might ruin a good relationship..but we might hit it off.

me:when someone says that it usualy means that they dont feel anything and its usualy a no.

her: well im not just anyone lol....well ur a guy with awsome standards..bla blab la why would you choose me?

Me...Gimme a no bull**** answer yes no?

Her:dont put me on the spot..bla bla

Me: i';ll give you time..bla bla

her; OK coolies..bla bla

me: just dont give me the bend around the bush bull**** answer girls do

Her; LOL ur mean bla bla bla hopefully it wont change anything

me: why should it? im not like every insecure guy who has a breakdown eevrytime someone rejects him

her; bla bla bla this is what i like about you ur calm colletive...funny...easy to joke around...bla bla

and a little more un important stuff

so yeah :) i see her at work tomorrow. my other chix mate thinks its more of a no if she has to think about it....but yeah im not expecting anything.and i dont take rejection personally so yeah :)

ian1988

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wavejams007
This could have been a test man. You should show that you can handle competition by showing respect to her yet also showing that you don't need her. As long as yo uare decently good-looking, and are C&F to her likeing, and show her that you and not she is the prize, the other guy will be forgotten. You need to look like you have little time for her due to other girls.
Well we were on the really good friends stage kinda thing...and i joke about guys like him..dress all gansta..and she laughes at pretty much 3/4 of the stuff i throw at her

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry dude, sounds like you're in friendship zone. Your problem was you've known her for a year and you failed to make a move, there's only a short window of time before their attraction turns to feeling of friendship.