Poligamy

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

What could we learn from the past? Do you see any positive in it?
This is what makes me want to escape this society and retire with a woman in a remote location, build a small tribe of people, and cut off any access to internet

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

What could we learn from the past? Do you see any positive in it?
This is what makes me want to escape this society and retire with a woman in a remote location, build a small tribe of people, and cut off any access to internet
Good luck with that

Lean Baby Face

Don Juan
Reaction score
Polygamy, especially in countries with smaller populations, would result in massive inbreeding which is never a good thing. It would also make the dating market an even bigger disaster than it already is as there would be much less available women, unless cheating becomes normalized, or the women are polygamous too so that it goes both ways, which sounds like something that would end up in total chaos.

I think strict monogamy is the favored relationship model for good reasons, and the reason why we in the West have built the type of stable societies we have now. We may not have the biggest populations, but at least we are a population of quality people. Many countries around the world wouldn't be as poor as they are if their populations were reduced by 80% because of polygamy, rampant promiscuity, and having many children for no reason other than "family honor".

nonchalant

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women prefer polygamy because there is a limited number of top 10% men, and they would rather share one than have to lower their standards