Please help (kicked out of school) need a plan

NewDestiny47

Don Juan
Reaction score
My cousin got put on dismissal in college for the next semester, she was given a chance to appeal it though if she can prove that there was a good reason why her school work suffered.
she has been a great student all her life, A's and B's, this past year she was just really stressed about personal issues and her mind just wasn't on school.

problem is there's really not any tangible proof to back up the fact that she was under a lot of stress. maybe a doctor bill b/c she did go once or twice about a few physical problems that the doctor said were due to extreme amounts of stress.

she's busted her ass in school for years and i hate to see her record get tarnished suddenly. She's been crying all day and I really want to do anything I can to help, even if we have to make some stuff up or whatever and get her back in on probation, she really doesn't deserve to be put out a whole semester.
Anyone have any ideas on how we could get the appeal? Im pretty sure we could get a doctors note, but all that will prove is that she was under a lot of stress and had physical signs to show it. Will that be enough? Anything else we can add to this?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah a doctor note is a good start.

I would also try to get a letter from my department head or one of my professors that I was on task and I did try to get extra help.

I would also bring my past marks to show that I was in fact a good student but just suffered a relapse this year.

Hope all works out.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Therapy or counseling for stress might help. Stating that she has enrolled or begun counseling will help her cause. Those review boards look for appeals that give a specific reason why things will be different if they let you back into school. "I've had problems" is not as good as "I've had problems, but here's what I've done to change my situation."

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
was your cousin an A and B student just in highschool because i have seen many students who were awesome in highschool go totally bottoms up in university and college. i was an f student in highschool but thats because teachers hated me and i didn't brown nose like some of the A students. it was really bizarre in university because i became a B student because university your identified by a number and not a name.

the only people who suffer from badmarks in university or college is the party type. but i guess you said that she was seeing a doctor for emotional reasons and a note would help. maybe they changed the rules since i have been to university but if you have a bad semester then they just put you on academic probation which basically says you have one more chance.

NewDestiny47

Don Juan
Reaction score
no she's already a senior in college, this would be her last semester, she's been an A student all through college.