Picture of her EX. What would you do?

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend of 10 months still lives with her parents. She has lots of pictures all over her room, most of them smaller pictures framed together along with maybe 10 other pictures in the same large frame. She has 3 bigger pictures of me framed in the room, that I've seen. I would say the total amount of pictures in the frames and on the wall is most likely over 50.
I do not go over to her house a lot, but yesterday I was looking at all the pictures while she was in the bathroom, and saw a picture from her prom, with her and her ex. boyfriend in it holding hands. It is a really small picture put in a frame together with approximately 10 other pictures. However, this ex. of hers was a guy that she was obsessed with and lost her virginity to. She told me back in the days she used to "hope" she would end up with him. He was seeing another girl behind her back, but apparently they both kept going back to him. She told me she was young and naive, and since he took her virginity he meant a lot to her so she kept hoping it would work out (high interest level). This was 1 and a half/ 2 years ago.
This was all in the past but I do not remember seeing this picture on her wall before. MAYBE I missed it, but I really doubt it. She did once run into the house to check that "everything is cleaned up" before she would let me in, and my gut instinct told me that she probably ran in there to check if she has a picture of her and her ex. on the wall so that I don't see it. Maybe this was the picture, and this time she forgot about it? I really don't know. Our relationship is really good, and I didn't say anything to her upon seeing this picture yesterday. Is this a red flag? Should I say anything, or just stay aware? What would you guys do?

Chris

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No red flag. It's a picture - nothing more. As long as she's not talking about him, relating stories about him and calling you by his name when your bending her over your fine.

Don't worry about it youngbllood.

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. Women have a wacky need to have physical possessions to show (prove) that they have some history in the world.

Plus, remember that the prom, to a girl, is a magic historic night in which the dude she goes with/bangs is only a minor part compared to how hot she thinks she was, whether she was better looking than her friends, etc.

Now if its pictures of him banging her, that's a different story.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a few pics of my exes. They are a part of a person's history. I cannot deny that they existed. However, I don't keep them hanging on the wall. They're put away in a photo album.

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey thanx guys. Nice responses. I haven't said anything to her, and will see how long she'll keep the pic up there. I was sort of hoping for some more in-depth analasyis. And I just heard an interview last night from the guy who wrote "The Game" and heard his jelaous gilfriend opener. It's similar, but a slightly different situation. This ex. is supposely somebody who's cheated and been an *******, and it wasn't a pretty breakup nor is he somebody that she keeps in touch with. He does try to get a hold of her, but she has changed her number. This is why I was a bit surprised. Deep down I know all the answers myself, but it's a lot easier sometimes when you get opinions of others who also know what they're talking about. Any more info would be great! Once again, my real question is: What would YOU do if YOU were in this situation? (to those who haven't answered this ofcourse) thanx.

Tomb

Don Juan
Reaction score
If it doesn't bother you, then let her keep it since it's her prom picture. But if it bothers you, tell her to get rid of it. I never keep anything with my exs. I feel it's disrespectful to whoever I'm with. So I expect the same from her.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sexysuave
Once again, my real question is: What would YOU do if YOU were in this situation? (to those who haven't answered this ofcourse) thanx.
Nothing. Its just a small picture of her past, every girl keeps them, some wish to display them and some tuck them hidden away. Don't even mention it.

I would be concerned if she still keeps in touch with the ex, because that could be a problem.

TxCowboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear your pain dude. I cant stand girls who cant grow up and move on and forget about the past. I cant even begin to say how many girls I've gone through that I always reminded that they need to "live the present".

Get this ---- One of my ex's took a pic of us during the first week of our relationship and TOLD ME THEN "this is so I have something to remember you by when this relationship is over"

I couldnt help but think what a sick girl that was ....

Beware though dude ... girls who cant get over the ex's cause other issues later down the road

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What sorts of "other" issues have you seen down the road, from your experiences? Thanks a lot. Any more input is welcome..

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a picture from prom can be kept as a reminder of prom memories and nearly everyone has one somewhere with someone they are no longer with especially if it was a good picture.

that is one way to look at it.

another way to look at it could be any picture with an ex that is still in a frame, still displayed, could be that she isnt ready to take it down. it doesnt mean they are getting back together or that she even hopes that they are, it only means that she isnt ready to take down the picture and completely shut the door on that part of her life yet.

since it was just a prom picture and she sounds like she has been honest with you, i imagine with her 50+ pictures framed on her wall, that she digs pictures and memories and that is just part of them.

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No red flag needed. So far things seem great. Keep up the good work.

Good Luck:cool:

TxCowboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What sorts of "other" issues have you seen down the road, from your experiences? Thanks a lot. Any more input is welcome..
If a chick cant get over the ex, and always wants to live in the past, she's just gonna keep going back to them and see em with or without ur consent ....

This one chick I was with kept "leading her ex's on" whenever I was away and the SOB's would call her relentlessly all day and night and leave notes on her car at her house , etc .... bunch of BS ....

Just keep an eye out and see if she's still leading em on and just keeping you just so she can make the ex's jealous by saying your her b/f and then get c0ck from the ex's.... its real common now adays.....

In fact I just broke up with my g/f a week ago because her ex blew into town for the weekend and she didnt tell me or nothin' .... and then when I found out, she tells me that she gives them priority over me ! .... that was the last time i spoke to her ....

brenbaus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Once again, my real question is: What would YOU do if YOU were in this situation? (to those who haven't answered this ofcourse) thanx.
I wouldn't worry about it, like is posted above, chicks have some obsession over prom night, its not really a big deal.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Part of me wants to post "shoot your load over it". But I'm not going to. Well I have, but never mind.

I'm with the guys above. This Prom thing with American girls is very important to them.

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try posting up a couple of pictures of yourself with really hot ex's(assuming you have some) in your bedroom along with various pics of other crap. See how she reacts.

Arioch

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a picture. It's a picture of prom, which makes it unique. It's not like it's a picture of the time they went to some fair or something that happens more than once.

If it bothers you, keep in mind that you are feeling threatened by a picture. It's not like this guy is calling her or talking to her or came back or anything.

Though from the way you describe her talking about him, I'd watch out. It sounds like he's the jerk that she still wants to tame, and she might try again if he ever reappears.

Ouzo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres pictures of 5 ex's on my wall.

Haha.