picking up a waitress/bartender

oxford comma

Don Juan
Reaction score
this is one thing i have yet to figure out and of course, it seems like my waitresses are always really hot too. any advice? anyone done it before??

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crazy you bring this up now. There is this new waitress at the bar that I'm kinda a regular at. I talked to her last Saturday and found out her schedule. I knew she was working tonight so I went there to watch the NBA game. But, it was so busy, and she wasn't my waitress, I just couldn't get it to work out tonight. I just got home from there and I'm kinda disapointed with my lack of success between her and the two girls I was sitting next to at the bar. Oh well. It's tough man.

Use the search tool. Search for "waitress". There is an old post where some guy laid it all out perfectly. It's a great guide to use, but it's still difficult.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I just got a hot 23 year old bartenders number tonight (the second time in 2 weeks I got the digits of a bartender that age, and third bartender in 3 weeks) - and I'm 40. The key is to impress them somehow. Have a special talent. Once they are impressed by you, have a purpose to get together again. Then, don't ask for their number, instruct them to write it down. Say "We should get together and do (xyz) - write your number down for me." and hand her some paper, or tell her to dial it into your phone.

oxford comma

Don Juan
Reaction score
its funny how when you work at the restaurant, hooking up with the waitresses is like the easiest thing ever. haha.

bigneil, whats your special talent? im a little intrigued/confused how you showed her this talent while at a bar. i think the biggest barrier for me is that they just seem so busy. its like i dont get a chance to talk to them really, so i feel like what i say has to be short and very very on point.

Beeblebrox

Don Juan
Reaction score
oxford comma said:
its funny how when you work at the restaurant, hooking up with the waitresses is like the easiest thing ever. haha.
Being a bartender, I can attest to that for sure... You're with them 5 days a week, so you get to know each other pretty well. Working in a restaurant is a great way to get your **** wet if you're a relatively unmotivated youth such as myself.

Although, it's definitely different trying to pick a girl up at a place you don't work, and probably a lot harder if you haven't worked in the restaurant industry before. But most chicks love to go out for a drink after work, you just need to use common sense about when you talk to them. If I had a full bar in front of me and a girl was insistent about having a conversation with me while I'm trying to deal with 20 some odd people, make drinks for them, and make drinks for the servers.. Well, I'd probably be about as annoyed with her as your waitresses are with you.

drf408

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is good timing. My last couple of posts have been about this. I recently blew it with a beautiful waitress. One thing I learned for sure is you really can't be passive and just rely on her seeing you all the time. This one pretty much delivered herself up on a plate with me, but her working there killed my game, I worried too much about being "one of those" , the guys who just go in there hit on them and ask for their #. Which happens daily.I also spent too much time wondering how much of her niceness/flirting was because of me or just because of being a patron. I realized way too late it was genuine, considering I was never her customer, I saw her outside of work and she was very excited to see me whereas my friends who were at this place as much as I was got no reaction. I guess its always better to try than to live with regret.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Beeblebrox said:
Being a bartender, I can attest to that for sure... You're with them 5 days a week, so you get to know each other pretty well. Working in a restaurant is a great way to get your **** wet if you're a relatively unmotivated youth such as myself.
I heard that before. Restaurants are orgies that serve food. The bussboy is F-ing the waitress. The hostess is F-ing the bartender. The other waitress is F-ing the cook and the manager lol. And so on.

I wish I knew that when I was younger. I would have applied at some restaurants for part-time work.