Phone Priming Help...

Dilly

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a kind of call for advice on what to do with an interest of mine that is going abroad for a over a month very soon. (Like not tomorrow but the next day!)

Okay. I’ve known this chick for a while. She is really great, feisty, good looking cute, intelligent. I’ve been slowly putting the moves on her, but school impeded on this (Past Tense, school is basically over now).
She lives out of town about 40 minutes drive, so I only see her at school and after for a bit as transport is shi t t y.

She’s been giving me signals all semester, like initiating Kino and also asking me out for coffee dates and just to hang out. She said ages ago to me that I was the coolest person she had met in her time at school. (And even before that, she was flirting heavily, but my thick head didn't pick up on it in hindsight)

Anyway, recently (Its nearing the end of my secondary school career and this girl is going overseas to visit relatives) she said that this dude that had been chasing her “Asked her out” and that she “Flatly refused” and told him she wasn’t interested in that kind of thing. Is this a sign on its own? I know looking for "Signs" is bad, but this is something?
She kept of giggling about it and saying “Isn’t that a joke? I think he’s an alright guy, but its kinda sad.”

The other day she also said:
“I am going to miss you so much when school is over, and she reiterated this about three times more while walking to go for coffee. This was on the second last time I would see her again. So the other day, the last time I would see her face to face...she had to go and meet her mother. And I DIDN'T EVEN HUG HER. I THINK I AM A FRIGGIN AFC!! I am disgusted at myself.

What I did instead was when we had to say goodbye I held her hand with both of mine, and said "I'll miss you" while holding stong eye-contact.

Would this be more Don Juan than a hug? More sincere? I am Kicking myself here guys.

I don't need advice of whether she likes me as I know I have a chance...but what can I say OVER THE TELEPHONE the night before she leaves to make an impression and make her primed for when we meet up again in a month and a 1/2 time????

Any suggestions or clarifications in the question. Please help me out.

MacdaddyJr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard question. She obviously likes you a lot. When a girl tells you about a guy she flattly refused and wouldn't leave her alone then she wants you to ask her out, without a doubt. The handholding sounded okay, a little afcish, but I'm mad that you haven't asked her out already. I guess you should a keep a little contact every week or two when she leaves. Tell her that when she gets back that you two need to setup a date. But I hope all isn't lost already. oh yeah tell her on the phone this as well when you are hanging up. "Don't miss me" in a sarcastic way. It always gets them to think of you. Trust me.

Dilly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man. Thanks a lot for the reply. I've been holding out for some advice. Thankyou for your opinion keep em' coming if you can be bothered, but I am calling her tonight in an hour or so...

Dilly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, that went well. I didn't even have to ask for a date! She told me that she really wants to see me when she returns.
BOO YAH! Now...how do we e-mail flirt.... :D KIDDING!

rich_uk

Don Juan
Reaction score
dont get ahead of yourself. you sound like an AFC with a major case of oneitis. she is going for a month, dont wait around for her. live you life, have some fun (with other girls) and work on your game so that when she comes back things will be better.

and if you are emailing her, dont do it all the time. dont write loads and if she asks what you've been doign make sure you keep busy (and dont just say so, you should BE busy). plus dont forget, things change she may not like you when she gets back.

as for you definitely having a chance, that isnt necessarily true. u may be in the friends zone

Dilly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, I may sound a little AFC- but definately no ONEITIS here. I got two numbers since she left, and took action on one of those. Definately not oneitis, that's one thing I learned NOT to do here.

Thanks for the advice about the e-mails though. I'll hold off the e-mail until next week sometime. I know things change, but I am still hopefull about this one. I am not going to NEXT this one.

rich_uk

Don Juan
Reaction score
just make sure she emails you first then wait a day or two before replying

Dilly

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this thread is getting a little long winded, but is that the right way to go rich?

I was going to e-mail some results from school that I am getting for her next week, (as we were in a class together)
but should I wait for the e-mail definately????? The plan was that I would give the papers to her when we meet when she gets back...

Edit: Also she is in a developing country with quite crappy e-mail service, (she has to access it at a cafe) and she said that correspondence through e-mail may be sparse.

rich_uk

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you have organised to email her first then by all means do so, but if you havent then i would wait for her to do it.