phone call or text msgs after getting number?

phone call or text msgs after getting number?

• phone call

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • text msg

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

bingo_

Don Juan
Reaction score
i would rather text msgs... i feel more comfortable that way. but that's just me.. and i know some girls prefer a guy to call. oh and once... i gave a girl MY number and she texted me two days later and we fked. not one phone call. i mean, if a girl really likes you she's not gonna care if you text her right?

Last edited:

Yuriy777

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it matters too much.
I prefer to call (better way to judge IL in my opinion). I don't do voicemail though...
Go figure.

logicallefty

Reaction score
If you just got the number then I would text.. A text message makes a statement "I want to talk to you but I am busy and you aren't worth 5-10-15 of my time right now to talk on the phone, but you are worth 1 minute of my time for me to send you this text".

Black Circle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Woa Woa what the hell's going on here. The right answer would obviously be to call her. What is this site becoming?

If you just got the number then I would text
If you just got the number.....you wait a couple of days to call.

Asking a girl out through a text msg shows your insecure, your not doing it personally. You call her up and ask her out so you get a reaction.

i gave a girl MY number and she texted me two days later and we fked.
Dosen't make a difference, she's insecure, but you dont care, your a guy. If it was the other way around, trust me. It wouldnt work.

Be a fvcking man and call.

Weak_Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive had un measureable success with mailbombs. Field tested and they never forget you.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to message her, get her e-mail.

If you want to call her, get her number.

sexy_kuta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i would call her..

you can tell by her IL u can also turn her on and increasing her IL by the way u talk

if ur a good talker then phone.. if this is ur first type of thing then u could always text but i wouldnt.. if ur not good at talking.. how will u become good at talking if u wont try?

trial and error my friend!

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
calling shows the girl you're more secure. however, I just got the weirdest thing. a girl gives me her number the other day and is like text me sometime. wtf? I was thinking, "why not just call you?" anybody have any idea wtf this is all about?

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Text messaging is the easy way out. The phone call is always the number one way in my book to call back.

I would also agree that if you don't have the balls to call her just get her email next time. Except I don't know how much younger generation emails these days...

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you used a number exchange when you got the number then it shouldn't matter which one you do next becaue she'll know who it is and shouldn't be suprised about whos calling her.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
call, it's easier to read body language and what the person is really trying to say. if i could rid the world if e-mail, online messengers, txt messages i would.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vincent said:
Text messaging is the easy way out. The phone call is always the number one way in my book to call back.

I would also agree that if you don't have the balls to call her just get her email next time. Except I don't know how much younger generation emails these days...
I have yet to understand why guys obsess over closing with a number yet aren't capable of using it. It's madness... :crazy:

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
I have yet to understand why guys obsess over closing with a number yet aren't capable of using it. It's madness... :crazy:
errr how did we ever survive dating without cell phones and text messages and camera phones
and emails (our computers were apples with floppy disks that could not do anything more than the game on the floppy disk)
and pagers

and caller id
and 3 way calling
and *69, 67 and and other * features
and even call waiting.....

oh wait, we got off our butts and talked to them at school and if we couldnt wait any longer, we would walk or ride a bike and meet up with them.
not having these features helped us to learn to deal with everything face to face and interact with people.we could even take the less is more approach sometimes and leave them hanging, which meant it made them want to talk / see you even more because they were interested in things.

i know the 80s and early 90s are a very ancient long ago time, but i cant be the only person that survived them OR am i?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
errr how did we ever survive dating without cell phones and text messages and camera phones
and emails (our computers were apples with floppy disks that could not do anything more than the game on the floppy disk)
and pagers

and caller id
and 3 way calling
and *69, 67 and and other * features
and even call waiting.....

oh wait, we got off our butts and talked to them at school and if we couldnt wait any longer, we would walk or ride a bike and meet up with them.
not having these features helped us to learn to deal with everything face to face and interact with people.we could even take the less is more approach sometimes and leave them hanging, which meant it made them want to talk / see you even more because they were interested in things.

i know the 80s and early 90s are a very ancient long ago time, but i cant be the only person that survived them OR am i?
The problem is that guys who have only lived in the "Digital Age" have not had the need to use any of the social skills which include conversation and general social interaction. I guess we can call them socially retarded.

rocky_mtn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't fvck around, call and talk, unless you want to be pen pals, or text buddies or something.

Reaction score
Either is good. It just depends on the person.

For example,
I get plenty of girls, but I personally dont text. Mainly because im a pretty funny guy and the phone works better for me. My sarcasim and humor doesnt work well through text usually. BUT...

On the other hand, my best friend, uses text messages mainly. (I have to add that he gets WAYYY more girls than me.) i dont think he has big conversations over texting. im pretty sure he keeps it short and sweet. Another thing that i noticed is that girls for some reason love to text. One night me and him were staying at a hotel and we met these chicks in the lobby. later he was texting back and forth with her and he told her to meet him on the other side of the hotel and they ended up makin out. btw, he does eventually talk over the phone with every girl he meets.

so from what i can tell is that both texting and talkin over the phone are great. it just depends on the person.

peace

Cod3r

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can say from experience that 'texting' after getting a number really screws you up. For one, most guys who are going to text after recieving the number are doing so because they are nervous or scared and well continuing to text only feeds into that deficiency which is wrong...

Two, females would prefer to talk to you in person (most of them) From my experience, had more success with calling than texting first... EVENTHO, I got my current gf's number and texted her first and well we're still together after 8 months... so really goes to show... does it really matter ??

-Cod3r

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the UK we send 3 billion texts a month. We spend more on texts than calls.

I personally prefer to text.

Sarge On!