Peanut Allergy is Kiss of Death

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kiss may have been fatal for teen with peanut allergy
Nov 25 2005
CBC News

A 15-year-old girl in Quebec's Saguenay region is believed to have died as a result of an allergic reaction to her boyfriend's kiss.

An autopsy will be performed on the body of the teen, who was allergic to peanuts.

Officials said she did not consume the nuts, but they believe she had a reaction to kissing her boyfriend, who had eaten peanut butter.

The apparently fatal kiss was last Sunday in Jonquière, Que.

Although an adrenalin shot was administered almost immediately, the teen did not recover, the Montreal newspaper La Presse reports.

The girl was rushed to hospital, where she died after suffering respiratory failure. Her death was confirmed Wednesday.

http://www.cbc.ca/montreal/story/qc-kiss20051125.html

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think about the poor boy. Worse rejection I've ever heard... Can anyone say "Kiss of Death?"

Sorry, bad joke...

Last edited:

FRëSHURE

Don Juan
Reaction score
i've always wondered that.

How was it discovered she was alergic to peanuts before then? If a simple kiss from her boyfriend killed her, surely whatever was the first trigger when she was younger would have killed her?

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FRëSHURE
i've always wondered that.

How was it discovered she was alergic to peanuts before then? If a simple kiss from her boyfriend killed her, surely whatever was the first trigger when she was younger would have killed her?
I once knew one woman who had the lethal peanut allergy. She said she once became violently ill after consuming a very small amount of peanuts. So, apparently, it can be detected early when the dose is small enough to not be fatal. Also, I found this this link.

FRëSHURE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deep Dish
I once knew one woman who had the lethal peanut allergy. She said she once became violently ill after consuming a very small amount of peanuts. So, apparently, it can be detected early when the dose is small enough to not be fatal. Also, I found this this link.
THATS WHAT I MEAN THOUGH!

surely the woman you knew had more contact with peanuts then 'the girl who kissed the boy who ate some peanut butter'...

how come the one who had less died.. i realise one may be weaker and it'd take less peanuts to kill her.. BUT surely the girl who died had at one point in her life consumed more peanuts then when she kissed her boyfriend.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FRëSHURE
THATS WHAT I MEAN THOUGH!

surely the woman you knew had more contact with peanuts then 'the girl who kissed the boy who ate some peanut butter'...

how come the one who had less died.. i realise one may be weaker and it'd take less peanuts to kill her.. BUT surely the girl who died had at one point in her life consumed more peanuts then when she kissed her boyfriend.
Food allergies tend to get worse over time and over multiple exposures.

Therefore, one peanut might not kill you this time, but it might be enough next time.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is one of those moments in life when you can't decide between feeling sad, or laughing your a$$ off.