Peacocking with Jewellery!

lebRambo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
instead of f*cking up spirit fingers' thread, heres a new one about Peacocking, this time with jewellery!

I have a gold chain (22ct, quite small and unobtrusive) with a circular pendant that has my first initial worked with gold.

I also have a cool gold ring. I'm looking at other jewellery at the moment, something like silver rings with onyx sets.

Who does it? what do you wear?

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i wear a 22carrot gold necklace around my neck

it can be classified as bling i guess, i like it, its cool, im narutally tanned so it goes well with my skin

firts time my firned saw it at a golf course he was liek "wtf is that!!"

cost about a grand i think

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jewelry can be ok in moderate amounts, but you cant really peacock with it unless you're rich rich.

plus most girls dont really like it, and it will appear as you are showing off (look at my big gold chain, im rich, pimp-wannabe..)

i think a man should have a nice watch. thats really it. I have a peacocky watch (huge and with a yellow background) and it attracts some attention from both guys and girls.. otherwise i just wear leather cuff braclets sometimes, and a bunch of cheap necklaces bundled up in sort of a cool way when im clubbing...

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I refer you to Tylerdurden's recent post on peacocking on ASF.

http://www.fastseduction.com/discussion/read?265508,23

I think peacocking should be designed to create a strong emotional effect in people... usually awe and intrigue. If you peacock and people laugh or think you're homosexual, then you're getting the wrong effect.
If you peacock and people look at you and go "wow!" or "whoa", then you're doing it right. I used to wear 5 chains around my neck, and shiny gold streaked pants and I thought this was peacocking. Most people just thought I was weird or gay.
Now I dress more conservative cool, but I like to bring out something impressive or interesting looking to wear on occasion, if it makes me look good and has the right effect on people.

Think of what a criminal feels if they see Batman rising out of the shadows with his cape billowing... or what you feel when you see a king in his robes and crown standing above you. Peacocking well should work on the same kind of principle... creating an image and having an emotional impact on witnesses, not just wearing anything that stands out to get attention.

darth yoda

Don Juan
Reaction score
Think of what a criminal feels if they see Batman rising out of the shadows with his cape billowing... or what you feel when you see a king in his robes and crown standing above you. Peacocking well should work on the same kind of principle... creating an image and having an emotional impact on witnesses, not just wearing anything that stands out to get attention.
Exactly, my jewelry consists of:

-Platinum/diamond watch
-Steel bracelet
-30'' silver chain
-28'' silver chain with pendant of the earth
-Gold chain with silver dollar pendant outlined in gold
-Hematite choker
-Silver ring with several diamonds

Soon to get a nice gold watch, and a few titanium and maybe carbon fiber pieces.

Obviously not all worn at the same time, lol. Ironically enough, it always looks tastefully done, never flashy.

I have a more contemporary/classy look. Even though I'm always blinged out, I use jewelry wisely as icing on the cake, nothing more or less. I think the key is to get jewelry that is congruent with your clothing style, and keep your pieces versatile and interesting.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I peacock by...not wearing jewllery.

Yep, I'm the only guy in the world who doesn't wear a single shred of bling. Not even a watch.

superchristx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nay jewler

jewlery never, not since about 8th grade. I just don't think jewlery is masculine, sure fiddy cent looks badass, but I think he'd look even tougher and meaner without all that gay bling. I've had a couple girls tell me that they don't like jewlery on men, though I'm sure in a club setting it would work for you. I don't know, it just seems so "greaseball," just some stupid little thing that any 24 karat-a$$hole could do., to somehow make him better? sry if that was a rant.

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
quote : diplomatic_lies
Yep, I'm the only guy in the world who doesn't wear a single shred of bling. Not even a watch.

meet no.2

i have never wore any jewelry

fighting i guess i never liked the idea of being choked of hurt with it

also the places i go and people i see resent those with more than them and aspire to take it

i gotta watch my back wearing my adidas and nike air max's

but if i did wear the bling

GOLD

forget all these n00bs saying silver and platnium

they listening to too many rap songs that say "gold is gettin' old" and **** like that

next year they have a new precious metal that will be "in"

what a bunch of tossers

the world economy is based on GOLD

GOLD is the symbol of wealth

i can't find where i put my bible but from memory it says :

" and silver was as nothing in the days of Solomon "

rich and powerful men wear gold

most criminals wouldn't bother robbing you for a thick silver chain

gold is another question

Lost In Translation :D

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lost In Translation
GOLD is the symbol of wealth
Personally, I think those rappers wearing gold everything have really screwed up the value of gold (they seem to bastardize everything they touch). The once valuable element has been turned into a symbol of being a wannabe thug.

Like today, wearing a silver watch is more elegant/sophiscated than gold.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Only bling I wear is a Rolex SS Submariner.

It's classy, low-key and won't go out of style next week.

I've had it for 15 years, so I got my money's worth out of it.

wowiehowie

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a jewelry minimalist. Wrist watch is it. No queer @ssed ear rings, studs or even "tats". Seems so, how shall I say it,...metrosexual???

Riddler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Egoist
jewelry can be ok in moderate amounts, but you cant really peacock with it unless you're rich rich.

plus most girls dont really like it, and it will appear as you are showing off (look at my big gold chain, im rich, pimp-wannabe..)

i think a man should have a nice watch. thats really it. I have a peacocky watch (huge and with a yellow background) and it attracts some attention from both guys and girls.. otherwise i just wear leather cuff braclets sometimes, and a bunch of cheap necklaces bundled up in sort of a cool way when im clubbing...
Hey I agree. wearing too much gold/silver makes you either look like a homo or like you're trying to hard and you're from Jersey.

I like the Leather Cuff bracelet idea for going clubbing. It's pretty stylish. Or maybe some subtle chain necklass or bracelet, but not over doing it and looking Guiddo.

Warrior Princess

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Exactly, my jewelry consists of:

-Platinum/diamond watch
-Steel bracelet
-30'' silver chain
-28'' silver chain with pendant of the earth
-Gold chain with silver dollar pendant outlined in gold
-Hematite choker
-Silver ring with several diamonds

Soon to get a nice gold watch, and a few titanium and maybe carbon fiber pieces."

LOLOLOLOL! :crackup:

I'm a female and I personally like SIMPLE guys. If you wear too much bling, you can look intimidating to the female. You can also be annoying or seem like you are trying too hard. The executives, accountants, and financiers I date don't even wear "bling", just a watch but they have lots of money in the bank.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Peacocking with too much jewellery looks ostentatious and tacky, like Ali G or Delboy from Only Fools and Horses. Lots of gold chains, rings etc are commonly associated with "chavs" (www.chavscum.com) in Britain and is not a good image.

However, moderate amounts of jewellery are cool in my opinion. I wear a silver chain, ring and bracelet. Just enough to complement my clothing and style.

darth yoda

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see what the hell is so funny, I said I don't wear it all at the same time. I know how to dress simple with the right accents.

And for people who think I might look ghetto, guido, or intimidating, well...you can't please em all.

Just because I have alot of jewelry doesn't mean I walk out the house looking like Mr. T, geez, there's a difference folks...