Parents and Prom

DA KID

Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't know where to post it here or anything else. Thought here was a good place.

Anyway here's my story. I have prom coming up pretty soon in 3-4 weeks I beleive and my parents are letting me go but they don't know anything about prom. I need an excuse to not come home or what to tell them where I'll be. See my parents are very strict and barely let me do anything outside of school. I need to know what to say to where I'll be. See I don't want to tell them the truth since their going be no adults, girls, and alcholol. Yeah pretty sad usually parents are more worried about their daughters being with boys instead of boys with girls. But my parents are narrowminded. Any help or suggestions would be greatly helpful.

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I'd like to help, but I don't undrstand something. When you say there is going to be no adults, girls, or alcohol, what do you mean? Prom has boys and girls present. PLease clarify the situation.

DA KID

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry I was typing to fast. I meant that I'm going to prom my parents are okay with. It's the after party which their will be no adults but will have girls and alcholol

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thaks for the clearer info. This is really going to boil down to how much they trust you. Are you very responsable. I would not ask them about the party now, but wait a while and while you are waiting, show them you are a responsible, trustworthy person. Be upfront with your motives, and your actions, and they will trust you, slowly but surely.

sinner

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude.. tell them you're going to a friends place or something

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are not a baby anymore, and its time your parents realised it...

Time to rebel.

Laterz...

DA KID

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah my parents are wack. Everyone tells me to throw a party but scared cause of my rents

PerfectCell

Reaction score
Originally posted by DA KID
Didn't know where to post it here or anything else. Thought here was a good place.

Anyway here's my story. I have prom coming up pretty soon in 3-4 weeks I beleive and my parents are letting me go but they don't know anything about prom. I need an excuse to not come home or what to tell them where I'll be. See my parents are very strict and barely let me do anything outside of school. I need to know what to say to where I'll be. See I don't want to tell them the truth since their going be no adults, girls, and alcholol. Yeah pretty sad usually parents are more worried about their daughters being with boys instead of boys with girls. But my parents are narrowminded. Any help or suggestions would be greatly helpful.
Advice, don't let your parents control you. Show them who's boss.

Beatflux

Don Juan
Reaction score
You got to decide whether not your parents are maliable or not. If they are not, you can either lie or learn how to break the rules. I don't see how parents can put restrictions on seniors who are going off to college in just a few months.(My friend's situation)

The best way to go to late night parties and do other stuff is just to say that your going to a friend's house to spend the night.

Would you mind saying why you got the grades you did?

You may be anxious because you want approval.