pale skin help:(

raddude

Reaction score
hey, i have very pale skin, its very white and cause of this i am very self consouse to show my body. i wear long pants alot so it hides my white legs etc. i sun burn pretty easy but i do get a little tan afterwards. i was just wondering if i use tanning beds it would be possible to get a tan? any other ideas on how i could get my skin a little darker would be much appretiated.

thanks guys.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
go out in the sun or to the beach.

when you're out limit your sun exposure,but dont use any sunscreens. that way, little by little you will get a tan without the sunburn.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Levex
go out in the sun or to the beach.

when you're out limit your sun exposure,but dont use any sunscreens. that way, little by little you will get a tan without the sunburn.
Yep, that is some of the better advice on this subject I've heard. Works real good too.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I burned like hell for throughout june, and then just got darker. Its shedding now tho =/

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldnt bother tanning, just wear jeans. Their realy dangerous you'll be sorry! the tan will go but the cancer wont

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The confidence boost you get from tanning is insane, though. I've been going about 2 years now and have never regretted it... while it's true about the cancer part (odds are still against it happening) I guess I just would rather be dark now. :p

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sazuko
Get to your nearest sunpoint tanning center, and start to burn.

worst piece of advice I have read ever.

"hey, inject your skin with proven Carcinogens!"

Deal with your paleness, because it is who you are. if you arent happy with who you are, how do you expect others to be. I say this because if you are not happy about your skin color, than in all liklyhood, you are not going to be happy about something else.

Ixnys

Don Juan
Reaction score
hopefully they'll just come out with a pill soon to just stimulate the production of melanin. The stuff that makes your skin darker and protects you from the sun.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My cousen uses it and after a year he aged like mad!

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Staying away from the sun makes your skin more pale.

By never letting the sun see your skin, it will *stay* pale.

If you have a problem with being pale and dont want to show your skin off, theres another problem.

Go out in your back garden and do your homework/work there. Drink and eat out there. Do things out in the hot sun whenever you can, and wear as little as possible.

Dont use sun screen cause it defeats the point of getting a tan. You want the heat to be touching you, not a lotion. When you start looking a little darker, just walk around with your shirt off outside if you're comfortable with how your body looks.

Why the hell would you want to pay to get a tan, when all you need to do is get off your ass, get out the door, and into the sun! :rolleyes:

hopefully they'll just come out with a pill soon to just stimulate the production of melanin. The stuff that makes your skin darker and protects you from the sun.
That really wouldnt suprise me, although its a good idea. Maybe talk to a drugs company about setting up a project for that idea ;)

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was looking in this magazine and their working on a pill for women to make them slim and tanned in 1.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously o_O?

Before we know it, we'll be taking pills to stop the effects of the pill that solves the problem that the pill that deals with obesity causes. Confused? me too.

It makes you wonder what the world is coming to when people would rather take a load of chemical **** than go outside for a jog, clear up their diet, and spend some time with their skin in the sun :\ I'm happy to say I'll never be that way!

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what if they bring out a pill to make you live longer?

Bulldog6971

Don Juan
Reaction score
ya tanning does give a pretty good confidence boost, I dont go that much but doing it at a tanning bed is better for me then outside.. if you are pretty white like me then you may notice you get more freckles tanning outside.

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you live near a beach, go for a swim every once in a while. Set a loooong benchmark for yourself. The first time I went, I swam about 200 meters and I thought that was all I could do. Yesterday, I decided to try to get to a pier about a half a mile away. It took a while since it was my second time doing any swimming in months (I've never been much of a swimmer), but it felt amazing to do it...I ran back along the beach too. I eventually concluded that endurance as far as that went was almost entirely a mind game.

The way that works is, when you've got a challenge, you think "I managed to do this, so what can't I do?" If I can swim a half mile then run back, then I can do so-and-so.

Also, spendin that amount of time in the sun got me a nice tan.

Jason#4

Don Juan
Reaction score
that's why you guys are called "white" right? j/k...spend some time in the sun, go tanning...