Overprotective mother

Reaction score
Hello everyone, well my realtively new girlfriend's mother is EXTREMELY overprotective (though her dad is a cool guy/doesn't really care). Her mom has problems with her looking at me let alone leaving her house with me. Of course its not just me, its any guy she knows or has ever really known because we all (apparently) have evil daughter stealing penises;) Any advice?

G_Nice_06

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, It's a pretty rare case when the father doesn't care and the mom is to protective. You've got a situation on your hands.

I suggest that you invite her mother on a date with you and her daughter so that she might be able to see how great of a guy you are. That might get her to trust you.

Dark CROSS

Reaction score
You should meet her mom, maybe invite her over for dinner or your g/f invites you over there you know set something up get her to know you so she can trust you.

Reaction score
Heh, I've alread been over there for dinner and such and met her, etc. She is actually a very nice lady to me but she just doesn't like the idea of a guy with her daughter.

Nexxus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
kinda same with my family... I'm the only son and my mom's EXTREMELY overprotective (getting better) whilst my dad is all laid back and doesn't care what I do

I actually find that you can't really do too much to make her less overprotective, that's all her business

But first if you want to help ya gf go out and have fun you have to tell her what to do!
I assume that your gf is quite smart and will go to college, tell her to tell her mom that once her mother's gone who's gonna be there? noone! she will have to go through all these changes all too quickly, these changes are to be done in highschool and not in college becuz once ur in college it's basically too late to change, it would also help if she kept moaning of how overprotective her mother is everyday

so when she's in college she'll be so happy that she can go out that SHE WILL GO OUT EVERYDAY AND DO THINGS THAT SHE WOULDN;T DO IF HER MOM WASNT OVERPROTECTIVE

another thing is that her mom controls who's her friend or not, right? she doesn;t want you to go out with eachother well this IS A HUGE PROBLEM, if she continues to be given friends then eventually her friends will find out and they'll all be like her mom chooses that girl's friends and in the end noone will like her becuz of that.

another thing, and this is prolly easier for guys cuz it involves controlling ur mom up to a point... I mean like arguing, when there's a party her mom might be like NO, well she has to fight back and say YES eventually her mom will get kinda tired and say, WELL YOU AINT GOT NOONE TO DRIVE YOU THERE or something like that, at that point you say YES I HAVE, MY FRIEND WILL PICK ME UP, see how that helps?

now my mom is still a but overprotective but MUCH less than before and now she even let's me go out to clubs if I argue VERY MUCH (yeah i got fake ID but who cares?, half the time those guys don't check ID... at least where I live)

anyways trust me if she doesn't start to do things by herself then she will get ruined in the future, tell her mom TO GET A LIFE actually make her daughter say it to get the point accross, I said and it was kinda scary but she started to do much more normal things and now never comes out with me unless I ask for it, after the age of 13 90% of her child's life is NON OF HER BUSINESS, that 10% are school grades and family reunion (which is not a lot compared to what else she has going on)

her mom's done a great job but now she's overdoing it if ya know what i mean

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive had this same problem with my mom since i was like 13. I didnt live with her for a couple of years, when i did basically whatever the hell i wanted and then i come and live with her again and boom! it was like being put in a prision. I love my mom very much, which is what keeps me from disobeying her, but holy ****, sometimes i feel like im about to explode.
i dont understand why she so overprotective, ive lived in pretty tough places, i can protect myself, im strong, im a boxer, im independent, i dont do drugs bc i choose not to, and then she comes with her little "i cant sleep until you get home" **** or if i want to go to mexico or other places for vacation with my friends she wont let me. its absolutly ****ing mentally debilitating. But i only have to deal with this one more year, and then ill be off far away from her, where she wont have any control over me.

Forbidden Love

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe get to know the mother as hard as that may sound... or maybe get your girl to have dinner at her house. Meet the Parents :)

JH6

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah and don't leave open rubber wrappers on the floor of your car, if you are transporting the mother in your car, lol.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys:) Especially Nexxus for the lengthy post, but I've pretty much come to the realization that she is the oldest child in her family, her mom is just having issues letting go, whereas i'm the youngest of my family and my parents pay me just to leave the house. I guess its just something that we'll just have to give some time.