Other guy won by smothering her?

Drivel

Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted recently about a long distance girl who lost interest in me. Although I now see that there is nothing I can do, the whole process brought up some issues that Id like to get opinions on.

Basically, I started to lose this girl once she could tell that I liked her. Thats understandable. No challenge, no interest. "Girls101" stuff. However, toward the end of us talking she told me how she met a new guy who came on VERY strong and Very aggressively. She found it rediculous and would even forward me text convos with him which would look like this:

him:whats up beautiful how is my wife doing today?
her: gross go away
him: i was just thinking of how great we are together
her: u make me wana puke
him: thats ok if you need to
her go away
him: should i come over now?

etc,etc. It seemed like she was clowning him and even laughing at it. As time went on however, she revealed that he sends her goodnight texts and goodmorning texts every day and she said that at first it was annoying but now she really looks forward to it and how hes very charming and very funny. (Im assuming she writes back sweet things now as well to him)

Thats basically around the time when calls from her to me started falling off and I could feel her intereset in me dropped significantly. I've always been attentive to her and complimented her but also maintained a ****y funny, teasing type of thing with her too which seemed to work great for us.

Personal feelings aside and just looking at this as a test subject, Im wondering why a girl would fall for a guy who creates absolutely no challenge, no ability to walk away, is short, unattractive, and smothers her with gooey compliments all day.

Of course all women are obsessed with compliments and love to be fawned over but it seems to go against everything ive heard and experienced that a woman would fall for that kind of thing. That behavior lowers the mans value too much. no?

Maybe the combination of him being so indifferent to her negativity and the fact that hes funny makes him come off as confidant which is a very attractive trait. But still, its almost groveling and desperate. I dont get it.

Anyone have some insight? Trying to avoid future mistakes...

thanks very much.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Confident persistence mean anything to you?
+ he's in her proximity (no ldr)
+ she probably liked him just didn't want to admit it while you were in the picture. (HE HAD HER NUMBER)

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
other guy sounds like a top DJ1 smothering her...f ccuk ive just got a new text opener

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women love confidence. Notice how the guy just brushed off her taunts? This would've got her hamster spinning out of control.
If she really didn't find him attractive, I think she would've just ignored his advances after one or two exchanges. But she's getting off on the thrill of being pursued by a confident, smooth, unaffected mofo.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im wondering why a girl would fall for a guy who creates absolutely no challenge, no ability to walk away, is short, unattractive, and smothers her with gooey compliments all day.

Most women's poor choices in men can be traced to low self-esteem. There are a lot of hot women who are in relationships that are co-dependent, abusive, manipulative, and a lot of other things that make them nothing to envy.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She had interest in him the whole time, don't be fooled. You can send her a photo of your fresh 12" turd you just pinched off and she'll sigh, swoon and think "awe how cute of him" when she is into you.

It is possible when he gets tired of the hokey texts and when she doesn't get her daily ego boosts, the machine will start to break down, they'll argue, and he'll turn into a fųckhead and she into a cünt and there you go.

Or, they can live happily ever after, you don't know, people are fųcked up in the head. All you can do is do what YOU think is right to get YOUR kind of girl like a man.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha, I cant tell whether this fella is completely clueless or a one smooth mofo. In all, it is an example of that you in fact can say literally anything as long as there is confidence to back it up with.