Opinions on a new bit

anamchara

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is something I just thought of, I'd like to get some feedback on it.

Situation: you ride the same muni to work every morning. Every morning (or almost every morning) you see the same girl sitting on the train.

Approach: Sit across the aisle from the girl (if the seat is open). Ask - "I'm looking for a subway friend. I see you on this train like every morning, and I figured you might make a good one." [wait for reaction, if she says no, then eject. If she says yes, continue] Cool. "Awesome. Let's play a game. Have you ever heard of the Cube game?" Then launch into the cube game.

The only weakness I can really see is jumping into a comfort building routine too quickly, but part of me thinks this would be OK, given the context of the approach.

Any thoughts?

~~anamchara

Triple X

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What the hell is a muni?

:confused:

Anyways... I gotta be honest man... sounds real corny. Sorry if that sounds harsh but you wanted some feedback. It sounds like a very poorly-disguised attempt to chat her up whilst pretending that you arent... (which is what it is).

I mean.. the cube game?!? WTF.. All I can see is her looking at you in a very weird way. I think your best bet is to comment about some minor thing going on, hope that leads to a positive response and try and get some rapport going that way.

Seriously man, are you for real?!

Tomb

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't like it. Start off with something light and funny would be best.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She'll think you're a freak..... like I'm thinking you are, right now.

A subway friend? :confused:

That's just really weak, man. If you really feel like talking to her, sit near her and chat her up.... you shouldn't have to have some pre-planned routine. it comes off as forced and cheesy

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Triple X
What the hell is a muni?

It's a mini unicycle. Municycle. It's the latest craze in London.

jalex73

Reaction score
Originally posted by mrRuckus
It's a mini unicycle. Municycle. It's the latest craze in London.
Gentlemen,

I believe that "Muni" refers to San Francisco, CA transit system. The OP obviously lives in the bay area. They have trolley buses (run on electrical wires) and cable cars. The OP mentioned the word train and I think he may refer to "BART" which is bay-area-rapid-transit. Please don't ask me any further as I live in Sacramento, CA and would not be interested in living in the bay area of CA unless I was wealthy.

anamchara

Don Juan
Reaction score
yo

Triple X (and all above posters) - you don't have to apologize to me for "harsh" criticism.

I guess it would be kind of harsh. I'm really, really bad w/day time game.

I'll agree... cube game probably is a ****ty idea.

I'm a rather attractive guy (most girls rate me around 9+), so I usually don't have trouble with coming off of the danger stranger. . . usually girls are happy to talk to me, they just need an excuse.

My biggest sticking point is transitioning from opening to building rapport.

I like drawing girls into "our world" situations, so I try to develop routines that establish an "inside joke" or shared knowledge between myself and the girl of the minute (gotm). What about a DHV involving reading body language... trying to guess what people are thinking?

Any thoughts on this, or suggestions for transitioning in general?

anamchara

Don Juan
Reaction score
also

I forgot one last thing:

mrRuckus was right, I'm talking about mini-unicylces... they're the lastest craze!

No, seriously though. The Muni is the SF public transport system. It's comprised of busses and light rail trains.

The BART is another train system that operates in SF, but primarily serves people living in the East Bay, going to the airport, and travelling from San Fran across the bay to Oakland.

Triple X

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey anamchara, I just got one more question I forgot to ask.

What exactly is 'the cube game' anyways??

:confused:

fender85

Don Juan
Reaction score
The cube is for attraction phase. You need to establish come rapport first, otherwise you might come off a little weird.

griffon65

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: yo

Originally posted by anamchara
Triple X (and all above posters) - you don't have to apologize to me for "harsh" criticism.

I guess it would be kind of harsh. I'm really, really bad w/day time game.

I'll agree... cube game probably is a ****ty idea.

I'm a rather attractive guy (most girls rate me around 9+), so I usually don't have trouble with coming off of the danger stranger. . . usually girls are happy to talk to me, they just need an excuse.

My biggest sticking point is transitioning from opening to building rapport.

I like drawing girls into "our world" situations, so I try to develop routines that establish an "inside joke" or shared knowledge between myself and the girl of the minute (gotm). What about a DHV involving reading body language... trying to guess what people are thinking?

Any thoughts on this, or suggestions for transitioning in general?
If your attractive then dont realy on a routine. Comment on something shes wearing, reading, holding w/e and start a convo. Adn if you cant find anything then a simple
"hey"
Followed by a
"so are you going to work?" or anything along that line.

and then just take it from there. Its simple.