• neutral

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Online Dating is fruity

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

SuaveStarboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you think of online dating? i personally think its kinda dumb. i think you would rather kiss a real girl, and not a computer screen. you cant take the computer on dates with you:p , and for all you know, someone of the same gender is on the other end. any other opinions

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SuaveStarboy
What do you think of online dating? i personally think its kinda dumb. i think you would rather kiss a real girl, and not a computer screen. you cant take the computer on dates with you:p , and for all you know, someone of the same gender is on the other end. any other opinions
Just how many of you guys think that online dating JUST means interacting through the computer? Is this because you guys just don't understand the concept or that you are not prepared to move the interaction from the computer to real life?

Just curious...

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SuaveStarboy
i have always thought it meant just interacting through the computer
Not at all. The idea is that you will meet someone on the Internet, but then meet in real life. Of course there's always suggestions regarding the first meeting, like:

1) Meet in a public place so they can't do anything bad and you'll see if they are who they say they are.
2) Don't be afraid to cut it off early.
3) and so on.

Ben

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a difference between say, cyber sex, and meeting someone online to date. I met a guy from the computer only once in my whole life and I'd never ever do it again, but I know a lot of people who swear by it... especially now with online sites like match.com, friendster.com, myspace.com etc..... there's like a million sites to make "friends" or meet dates online. I'd definitely be hesitant about it, but it's not necessarily a bad idea.

cyo72

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo.. I would say they are def legit. One of my friends was hooked on that and actually met up with the chicks--she was quite fine.

I'm against it though. As involved as I am with computers, I still see online dating as a move of despair.

But thats me. My feeling is that the girls involved with online dating, whether hotornot (like the pun?), are not the ones I want to be involved with.

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got nothing against online dating, you just have to be careful. I've heard though that the ratio of men to women on those sites is around 6:1. So for every 6 males there is on a dating site, there is one female. I'm not sure if that's true though.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cyo72 PART I:
Yo.. I would say they are def legit. One of my friends was hooked on that and actually met up with the chicks--she was quite fine.
Good for him. Was he a Master DJ, or a complete AFC like most of us (men, not necessarily sosuave users)?

Originally posted by cyo72 PART II:
I'm against it though. As involved as I am with computers, I still see online dating as a move of despair.
It's better than nothing at all. And some of us are getting close to that point that if you haven't had a relationship, you never will.

Originally posted by cyo72 PART III:
But thats me. My feeling is that the girls involved with online dating, whether hotornot (like the pun?), are not the ones I want to be involved with.
Why is that? What makes you think so? You may have good reasons, but you didn't say them. Or did you just feel, without thinking at all? You did use the word "feeling," while I used the word "think."

Ben

cyo72

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Abbott
Good for him. Was he a Master DJ, or a complete AFC like most of us (men, not necessarily sosuave users)?

It's better than nothing at all. And some of us are getting close to that point that if you haven't had a relationship, you never will.

Why is that? What makes you think so? You may have good reasons, but you didn't say them. Or did you just feel, without thinking at all? You did use the word "feeling," while I used the word "think."

Ben
You're right. It's more of a feeling than fact. I can't give any opinion on the girls themselves because I have never been involved in any online dating schemes.

Your second point is excellent, and maybe, in times of despair, I would consider online datings. But at this point, I'd like to think I can do it the ol'-way.