Oneitis Cure

FunnyCide

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've recently returned to my hometown where most of my close friends are still living. These are greatest guys in the world and I couldn't ask for cooler friends but deep down everyone of them are AFCs. I see these guys every couple of months and when I speak of women that have come and gone in my life they never seem to have anything to add. One of my buddies has been in love with this girl that broke up with him years ago and still can't get her out of his mind. I was talking to him and my thoughts on oneitis came together like it hasn't before...

The theory I gave him all begins with recognizing that there aren't millions of different kinds of women out there but instead there are few types of women that exist. In my opinion, there's probably around ten types of women out there...if there is that many at all.

Now that you recognize that there only types of women out there then it becomes easy to see that the one you have held in your mind isn't as special as you think she is. She is really in all senses replaceable and more importantly expendable. The girl is really just one in ten types of women out there.

I wrapped this up by telling him that atleast now he knows what type of women he is looking for. This takes most guys years and some guys a lifetime to figure out. He just has to go out and find that type of girl.

The last point I made was that if there were ten types of women out there and even if on some low estimate only one type will make you happy. That means in the next 10 girls you approach you will meet one girl that makes you just as happy as that oneitis girl used to.

He said that he has never heard it broken down like that before and hopefully this will help someone else on this board.

droughtstricken

Reaction score
You're on the right track... problem is your odds are out. There may be an ascertainable number of types, 10 for argument's sake, but the 1 type most guys are looking for doesn't make up 10%. She is what I call a real woman, as opposed to a girl. "Real women" make up maybe 1 in 1000 females. This can only be found out after knowing her for a long time, i.e. at least a year sometimes more, so you see how hard it is to find the one you're looking for?

FunnyCide

Don Juan
Reaction score
It could be true that the one you finally decide to spend the rest of your life with is 1 in 1000 but she still belongs to a general type of women. Maybe we can call that the "Real Women" type and 1 in 10 women you approach will be this type. Though that women may not pan out to be the one after a year of LTR, for the time being she will still make you just as happy as the oneitis girl that didn't work out either.

The point I'm making is people with a oneitis framework in their head need to realize that this perfect women is not one girl at all but exists in many women.