One or a few hobbies or interests that keeps you sane.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Any of you have one or a few hobbies/interests (besides women) that keeps you sane from dealing with them?

Mine are: Boxing, working out, and going on vacations.

Zippapants

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm an actor, so I'm usually involved with some sort of show (great environment for picking up girls, though it comes with its own problems haha).

Beyond that I'm into:
- Staying fit (hitting the gym and running)
- MMA (Jiu-Jitsu + Tae-Kwon-Do)
- Writing/Reading
- Astronomy
- Playing sports
- Good ol' video games

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Walk 10km every day, gym, mma and baseball.

Gro0ver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Breakdancing, salsa dancing, working out, and more dancing :D

Oh and i forgot, going to raves in foreign countries and strategy games!

seethehoop

Don Juan
Reaction score
Photography/digital art
Reading
Gym/working out
Xbox

I think working out is most important cos it helps keep your mind in check as well as getting in shape.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
seethehoop said:
Photography/digital art
Reading
Gym/working out
Xbox

I think working out is most important cos it helps keep your mind in check as well as getting in shape.
I actually wanted to get into photography and editing, how do you like it?

For me I play guitar, run, mountain bike, go to the gym, or play video games. I just started to learn some HTML + CSS and plan to write myself a website soon enough.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Naughty Ninja said:
Any of you have one or a few hobbies/interests (besides women) that keeps you sane from dealing with them?

Mine are: Boxing, working out, and going on vacations.
Question. I've always wanted to learn how to box to be good with my fists in self-defense situations. If I take classes is it guaranteed that I get my faced messed up? My parents aren't keen on it because I'm aspiring to be a model and I don't want to end up with a whole buncha broken bones in my face.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BPH said:
Question. I've always wanted to learn how to box to be good with my fists in self-defense situations. If I take classes is it guaranteed that I get my faced messed up? My parents aren't keen on it because I'm aspiring to be a model and I don't want to end up with a whole buncha broken bones in my face.
youll wear a headgaurd for training as a newbie

fishing,
xbox,
gym

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My dad was a workaholic and always made me work as a kid. I was either re-arranging furniture, cleaning the garage, gardening, working at his wholesale distribution company, building his apartments.....etc. My whole life has been spent working, so if I am not working i feel like sh1t now.

I have to be studying, reading a book, running errands, working out, etc.

when i start to have fun or just relax it really irks me. So what keeps me sane is not relaxing but then it also drives me crazy.

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Football (Soccer) has to be my favourite hands down. I can and will play it any time of the day in any weather.

Golf is pretty good fun as well, I prefer the driving range to a course though as smacking 100+ balls is also a fun way to let out some pent up steam.
I like a good video game too, mainly only play with friends though and those I do play by myself I normally have competitions going with friends who also have the game.

Although I've just recently started working out I have found it to be very stress relieving, it also makes me feel real good afterwards, still doesn't have the same effect as football though.

Going out clubbing is always a good way to get me in a good mood.

Reading a book. I can go through a book a day no problem if I get into it.

Finally a hard days work always leaves me in a good mood so long as my boss isn't a d***.

Oh and listening to music.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Putting a backpack on and hiking out into the bush here, spending a few days just relaxing. That, or doing it with people and having a great time.

Also reading.

I love going to a bar for a beer once or twice a week two, but nothing makes me less interested than a club these days. I'd rather sleep than go clubbing.

Sneevox

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a few. All of which I adore...

-Singing
-Acting
-Dancing

I was actually just in the 23rd registered performance of Chicago.
It was a professional musical.
I got a text right after the last performance saying:
"Watching you perform takes my breath away."
"Ha. Me in specific?"
"YES. Oh my god... I got really attracted to you..."
"Heh. I'm not surprised. I play the "sexy" part well."
"Yea... no kidding.."
"Haha, did you have a favorite number?"
"No. I loved them all. Especially you."

This was a girl, of course.
I just kind of continued on from there.
hmph, might as well see where this leads.
counts as an extra plate to spin to keep from getting the ole' oneitis.

Thrill Seeker

Reaction score
Current:
Swimming
Mountain Biking
Exercise(preferably outdoors)
Motorcycling
Sky-diving
Surfing(still shred when i can even though I live a couple hours from the beach)
Reading
Writing
cooking
camping
taking over the world

Have dabbled in:
Martial arts
target practice
fishing/hunting
astronomy
trading stocks
being the devil's advocate

Maeisgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Working out, computer games, gardening, pets, boating, drugs.

MisterD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JohnChops said:
I actually wanted to get into photography and editing, how do you like it?
I'm into photography as well. I love it. It's a pretty expensive hobby if you're serious about it. Lenses are ridiculous, and then I also use Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop to edit. Lightroom isn't bad at $200.

I find it very therapeutic, it gives me a chance to clear my head, but also approach people since I'm out often.

It's also a solid opener--"Hey I'm sorry, do you model?", no matter the answer, she'll be flattered. If she says "no" you say "wow, you definitely should be. I'm a photographer, believe me, you could really model." or if she says yes, you say "Oh ok yeah, I figured. I'm a photographer. I know a model when I see one"

If you do decide to get into photographing people (right now I do landscapes) you could join model mayhem or something. There's always girls looking to work for free, just so they can build their portfolio. Gives you the chance to interact with really beautiful women and make some connections. If for nothing else, hanging around models will desensitize you to beauty and you'll be able to approach the hottest woman with no fear because you've dealt with their kind before.