on the subway or bus...

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know i am gonna sound like a total AFC but here goes...

Today i was on the subway and i caught this girl checking me out...I did the eye contact test and she totally showed the signs of interest. Only problem was...we were on the subway and I didn't know what to do.

I just wanna know is that the "right" place to make a move, so to speak. And if so, how should i approach it?

Also...when you're waiting for the bus and stuff and you see a nice girl but there are people around should you still try to initiate conversation? And whats the best way to create rapport in this situation?

Thnx in advance...:eek:

Reaction score
Your "right time" in your (and everybody elses) head is so idealised that it will never happen in real life.

So. Maybe mouth "hello", smile at her etc. If your stop is several stops away, wait till the train stops for a station. Stand up as if you were going to get off at that station, then walk over confidently and park your arse next to hers (sit down).

Of course it won't work in peak hour since there'll be no seat next to her. I've definitely idealised the situation, imagining the best possible outcome and all that.

I have gotten a phone number from someone off a train once. However, we were both standing up on a crowded peak hour train. Smile a bit, talk a bit, get number. Your get number line is "hey, my stop is next, let me have your number" in your friendliest tone. That's what I did, and it worked. just by following the guidelines from this site.

As for what to do when waiting for a bus. Don't be afraid to talk, I know and you know that every one of us waiting for the train is bored out of our brains anyway. Going to work, school or something equally mundane. Unless the person is really repressed, they'll be thrilled to have someone to talk to. Especially as someone as DJ as you will be, Sushi.

The thing is, people are lamenting about their crappy lives whilst waiting for the train, since there's nothing else to do. So go up to them and make their day a little brighter.

Don't be shy. If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

suavedave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yes yes

Yes! I highly recommend using the subway/bus. When I was more into this game during the summer I did phenomenally on the bus (by my standards). Just allow the right situation to arise, and it will, and then go for it. Just don't be afraid of a few rejections. I look forward to hearing back from you on some success stories!

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yao, on WAITING for the perfect situation to arise, as Dave writes will happen: Don't do it! I've learned that from hesitating I've missed opportunities for baggin a number or at least meeting a new chick.

Do NOT wait for too long, remember that "Hesitation is like masturbation, in the end you're only screwing yourself." Whup some ash man!

Wai

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask for the time

Ask the girl for the time, and start a conversation from there.. You guys know the rest... :)