On dating girls in the Workplace

Mr.De Beer

Don Juan
Reaction score
The_Shezzler [/B][/QUOTE] :
She gladly obliged and we have been talking for about a month, then for some reason she just ceased all communication
----------------------------------------------------
You talked for about a month?!? Dude, you shouldve had her in bed by that time. You stalled too long, she gave you a oppertunity, and you took too long. Luckily, she gave you another chance. What you now need to do, is stop e-mailing her, just phone her (its much more effective, she wont expect it.)
Just tell her you would like to take her on a date A.S.A.P, and if she hesitates, tell her she only gets one date with YOU(*laughing.) My friend, she will say yes. Then you have her, just dont screw the date up. Do something fun.
Good luck

DrDope

Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you work in an extremely large organization with different departments, I'd stay away from anything close to workplace romance.

Here's what has worked for me in the past. DJ the girls in your workplace and befriend them all. One or more of them will be sweet on you. Hang out with them at happy hours and other get-togethers. Meet their friends that don't work with you. They aren't off limits.

Mister Big

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DrDope
Unless you work in an extremely large organization with different departments, I'd stay away from anything close to workplace romance.

Here's what has worked for me in the past. DJ the girls in your workplace and befriend them all. One or more of them will be sweet on you. Hang out with them at happy hours and other get-togethers. Meet their friends that don't work with you. They aren't off limits.
I agree. I have avoided dating at work with a passion, but there are a few exceptions:

you know you are leaving the company soon
you know she is leaving the company soon
you want to get fired
you want to increase your stress at work by adding unneccesary drama
you want your work to suffer due to constant interruptions
you want everyone at work to know your business
you want to be reprimanded for breaking company policy
you want to be investigated for sexual harrassment
you want everyone at work to think that you are a womanizer
etc., etc., etc.

I have known of only a handful of successful work romances. All the people involved were very desperate for a relationship (or it was a boss and secretary situation). The man was always far from the DJ ideal. Some of the women were hot though. Making flirty friends with women at work is a possible networking opportunity as long as your place is not a catty women run office, but don't slip up and touch them. Simply put:

"don't shyte where you eat"

ezilonman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously, if your not going to screw this girl over then dating in the workplace is ok.

You work at a Hospital in another dept. It is not like you will have to work directly next to her and you can easily avoid her if need be.

If things do go south, break it off nicely.

On the other hand, if you want to play this girl and all the others............I don't know what will be worse, the drama that will ensue or the fact there are many sharp objects in the hostpital that these women have access to.

School

Banned
Reaction score
Regardless of whether the relationship goes well or not, there is still that awkwardness. You see this chick all day and then you date her in the evenings!! That is crazy. Your business will be flying around work and when it ends, whether a good or bad ending, there will be that strangeness in the air.
If things don't work, imagine how dificult it is to see an ex at work ALL DAY!!

I was dating this chick that I worked with before, and things were cool in the beginning, until the rumors startes flying. We ended up breaking things off and she ended up quitting cause it was too difficult for us to see each other at work.

Leave the workplaces chicks alone!! :( :(

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by School
Regardless of whether the relationship goes well or not, there is still that awkwardness. You see this chick all day and then you date her in the evenings!! That is crazy. Your business will be flying around work and when it ends, whether a good or bad ending, there will be that strangeness in the air.

I was dating this chick that I worked with before, and things were cool in the beginning, until the rumors startes flying. We ended up breaking things off and she ended up quitting cause it was too difficult for us to see each other at work.

Hey, same thing happened with me, but the main thing is, if you run into a hot girl at work and you hit it off with her, it's difficult not to let things progress because it's so easy. You don't have to go out anywhere. The caveat is that as stated above, it's better if she or you are temporary, because seeing each other at work and then after work can be a bit much, and the end result unfortunately is breakup, even if you are hitting it off, because the girl may find it uncomfortable that you both sort of run out of stuff to talk about because you're around each other 24/7. Some people are ok with that, but a lot of people aren't, so that kills it. Other than that, I'd say go for it. Besides, we usually can't control that stuff from happening if it's really meant to be, unless you have some major willpower.

ezilonman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by School

Ok....

and I work with a couple who met at work and now two years later, they are getting married.