OKC: WTF is going on?

digital_sunrise

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got a week left before I head back to college(local, I'm not going anywhere far) so I decided to set up an OKC account and see what I could get since I literally had nothing going on except working out and sleeping for the rest of break.

I've got maybe a 75% reply rate with this opener: "I've got an interesting question for you"

They always reply: "What is it?" or "shoot"

I follow up with: "Would you rather be irresistibly attracted to oranges or have an orgasm every time you hear the word pancake?"

Then I carry on the convo with one or maybe to more message exchanges and then I ask for a number with something like: "I'm _____ btw. I'm not on here too much and don't like to talk online. Why don't you give me your number and we can chat more another time "

Then they go ghost and I'm just sitting there wondering wtf did I do wrong here.

Heres a few exchanges:
#1(HB8.5): http://i.imgur.com/v5XvGLZ.png http://i.imgur.com/zEYCYat.png?1

#2(HB7): http://i.imgur.com/Qupn1GF.png

#3(HB6.5): http://i.imgur.com/gJ83V2h.png

And there's more that I didn't feel like spending the time to upload. I'm 19 but my profile is set to 20, I'm 6'0.

My pics: On OKC the girl(my sis) isn't blue'd out: http://i.imgur.com/VeQK8x7.png
And: http://i.imgur.com/Usrq03B.png

My Profile:
Summary: I'm a secret double agent working for the British government who drives a fancy sports car and whose shirts never wrinkle. I once found a shortcut while sailing the world. My hands feel like rich brown suede and my business card simply states "I'll call you." Sharks have a week dedicated to me and the contents of my tacos never fall out. I can speak Russian, in French. My backyard treehouse has a finished basement. I'm a lover, not a fighter, but I'm also a fighter, so don't get any ideas.

But actually I'm a sophomore in college that does competitive swimming year round and I'm looking to either swim for UCSD, UCSB, USC, or Chapman next fall. In my free time I play the guitar, ski, mountain bike, and hang with friends. But that's just my cover up.

Message me if:
-You have a sense of humor.
-You know how to have fun.

Everything else is blank. What can I do to get them to start sending numbers? I'm on the site to meet people since I've got nothing to do for the week and my community college has 0 cute girls...can't wait to go to school down in SoCal

Last edited:

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Those were attention wh0res. They are just being polite, not interested otherwise.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True, lots of antention whoores but,

What I found works better than just asking them for their number (which in some instances comes off as too eager)

is something along the lines of:

You seem like a pretty cool person, we should meet up for (drinks/coffee/lunch etc...) some time.

I always got a lot more responses that way than just going for the number right away. That might work on POF but the OKC birds are different.

I agree with those that say you should message 3 or 4 times at most then get a meetup going on though.

It also helps to comment on something in their profile and of course never compliment the photos.

No matter what though you will have situations like you had with no results some times...just the way it is.

m7ytn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know if it is so much that they're attention *****s (though I am sure some are), or your approach. If they are going ghost more often than not it may be the approach.

Just my advice, based on my experience do not ask for their number. Suggest that you should (insert idea here). If she is interested, even a little, she won't just go ghost, she will give her number to you willingly.

You have to remember, girls on dating sites are being bombarded with messages...I doubt they have any need for the attention your post provides. Your opener sounds good, it did the job...it cut through the hundreds of other messages she receives, and even got a follow up reply.

Something to keep in mind...I just read a recent article on Cracked where a writer created a fake account with an attractive girl's photo, then wrote a description that made her seem as obnoxious as possible... within a day she had over 150 messages. So imagine a girl who has a decent personality probably gets even more than that... Look at it on the bright side, you're getting a response...you just have to refine what you do from there.

Here is the article btw if you're interested:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-things-i-learned-from-worst-online-dating-profile-ever/

EDIT: I just realized I essentially gave the same advice as PDX...so I could have summed it up by saying I concur, haha.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The people you are messaging seem to have low interest.

At the same time, your messaging isn't helping you...

If I had a dime every time I saw someone use the "How's this site treating you?" message, I'd be rich by now. Don't ever use this message. It's like asking about the weather. It's boring and used all the time.

You got called out for using copypastas and it was well deserved. Avoid doing that. They only work if they are attracted to you right off the bat and they don't sound genuine at all.

You also go for the number too quickly when you didn't have to. This makes you look desperate. Throw away the advice that you have to ask for the number by the 5th message or whatever. It is not always like that and differs from girl to girl.

Also, I'm not really feeling your first paragraph in your profile. It is at most semi-funny and sounds like you are trying too hard. If you're going to try that hard, it has to be hilarious or really worth reading. If you can't figure out a good knock-out paragraph, it's better to be genuine.

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The bad news: Your profile and your opener are way too try-hard.

The good news: You're 19, so you'll grow out of it. You'll become more comfortable with yourself and, if you take good care of yourself, you'll become more attractive simply by aging and becoming more mature, more of a man. At that point you'll talk to girls in real life and not need these online dating sites.

Until such time, please stop trying to be outrageous. A) Girls know this stuff by now, The Game by Neil Strauss was published in 2005. B) It means you're trying to impress the girl (in these cases, you're trying to impress girls you've never even met). Women - the type you're going to want - are not attracted to this. They feel attraction for a man when he's a cool, mature guy who has his **** together who SHE has to impress. The guy's job is to shoot a message slightly more creative then "hey" to express interest, then if he has a good pic and plays it cool then maybe he can bang this girl long enough to come up with a story for SoSuave about how he met this BPD chick online.

This is the most thought I've ever given to replying to a post about online dating - because that whole world is so ridiculous. Enjoy.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paradoxically, the high response rate to you opener is part of the reason for the correspondingly high "going ghost" rate. Because your opener is silly/unusual, you are eliciting a response from attention wh0res who have no interest in meeting up. These women would not respond to a more serious message, but bantering about something silly is a low-effort activity they don't mind indulging in when they are bored.