Ok guys I admit, I am now worried about "The Game"

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm reading the book and enjoying it, but now I am a bit concerned that we are going to have too many wannabees out there doing it and running interference.

I am not worried about the girls catching it, I'm original. I am just worried about the population of AFC's who I never have to compete with as dwindling.

In the end we all need to evolve. I think it will still come down who puts down the time and the keyboard and approaches.

I guess I shouldn't be greedy. I tend to sarge for a while, get some girls and keep one that i really like as a LTR. Quite honestly I've taken some time off from the game. I have an ex that rocked my world. I did have oneitis, but it was carefully screened and prequalified oneitis. An outstanding girl in ever sense of the word except she was a long distance girlfriend.

In any event I'm back out there. I just hope this book doesn't create unneeded competition.

I think in the end it will come down to who has the most balls.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is where self-improvement excels over mere sarging and gaming. You can give the AFCs, geeks and losers all the tricks of the trade, but those of us who have worked to become better men, will continue to be in a superior league.

Sloopy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it. These sites have been online much longer than that book. Think of how many books are in Border's. Now think of how often each of those books will be purchased. Some will only move off the shelves at the rate of a few a year. Same with The Game. The ones who find it will be the ones who want to find it. The same people who showed up here, who found David D, Stephane, and Mystery's websites. So don't worry. Sure, it will fall into the wrong hands occasionally (especially after the initial publicity it has derived from the media) but it will fade away just like everything else and become another tome for the community.

~Sloopy

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
This is where self-improvement excels over mere sarging and gaming. You can give the AFCs, geeks and losers all the tricks of the trade, but those of us who have worked to become better men, will continue to be in a superior league.
pretty much. for PUAs...
Originally posted by Derek Flint
Their image, just like their game, is just a facade: Running Routines, Palm-Reading, Magic Tricks, Peacocking, Canned Openers/Routines etc... as opposed to being a DJ, which is about being confident, having a strong frame, being a Man, and getting your life together.
Besides, we have like what, over 17,000 members here...but still I run into chumps that put girls on a pedestal all the time...

don't sweat it

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Better still, I have run into chumps who put women up on pedestals and are actually successful. Maybe they worship them for a whole 6 months, but they get the girl, and that just pis-ses me off.

No Bones

Don Juan
Reaction score
While I can imagine a theatrical movie on the subject could prose a problem, I doubt the book will, more likely fade out of media attention within a month or so.

score

Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at it this way. Reverse the situation. Do you KNOW how many dating advice books for women there are? How many have you read? Have you memorized what tricks they use to blow you off so that when you see it you will recognize it?

Even with my deep seated fascination with the whole male/female dynamic, I myself have read MAYBE three. The chances that any woman you are approaching will have read the book The Game AND put two and two together will be miniscule.

The book 'reveals' the Pick up artist?? Please... to a woman all men are trying to be pick up artists. Even if she has studied the book and thinks you may be a "player", hopefully we are developing past the point where we use canned "techniques" that are that instantly recognizable. The ultimate goal being that your game is so tight that it doesn't look like a game at all.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, I don't think we have anything to worry about. Let's say that there's an onslaught of wannabees created from reading the book. Guess what, they are only going to have a half @ssed game. The book does not give you nearly enough information, more can be found in this forum. These guys are more than likely going to crash and burn. Then they'll revert to their AFC ways. It'll pass, no worries.

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take note too that self help books and seminars do not generally work. If they did, everyone would only need to read one book, attend one seminar and workshop and they would have everything they need to become a better person.

It's easy to understand and know what is the best course of action. It's a totally different thing to be able to apply it. So don't worry about losing your 'powers' because the actual power is the ability to take action.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are right.

Once again not worried about the girls seeing through it. I don't think they will unless they hear the same routine every night, and I don't go routine based.

I'm worried about extra competition. Call me crazy, but I have enough going on without having to worry about fighting for some girl all the time.

Sargeholic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Two things:

Most guys have Google and can find thist stuff for free and its been there for ages. I only bought it for entertainment, not advice. I get that here and on ASF.

Just because its written or presented, does not mean people will learn or do. There are dozens of textbooks on anatomy out there, but does that mean everyone can do surgery? Does Tony Robbins writing a dozen books make everyone wealthy, confident, and self-assured? Hell no. People are more messed up than ever.

All "The Game" will create is more KJs. The only thing I am worried about is the movie version, which millions of chicks will see and that could seriously hurt the community.

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sargeholic
All "The Game" will create is more KJs. The only thing I am worried about is the movie version, which millions of chicks will see and that could seriously hurt the community.
I doubt a movie would make a difference either. Seriously, I doubt a girl would be so clueless as to not know whether a guy is hitting on her. And when a guy does hit on a girl, how he does it doesn't really mean anything. How she feels would be the deciding factor. However, if girls would to all of a sudden close themselves up because they don't want to 'allow' a guy to game her, then so be it. I doubt it'll make them happier though.

So it basically boils down to this. As a guy, do you truly believe that you are playing a game with girls? If so, what if girls become good at competing against you in this game? In any game, there's always a winner and a loser. However, that is not what dating is all about.

anonymousguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
why are you so scared?
If you read the Don Juan bible it's just a guide for people who seemed to have missed puberty, or never learnt to seduce.
In real life: a lot of guys have learnt to seduce "on the field". Are they AFC? They just learnt it because of their hormones, because of their desire to reproduce themselves. They get the most out of their experience in stead of reading "books".
Look at someone like David Beckham, Julio Iglesias, Ricky Martin or some other guy who has a lot of succes with women, do you think they all read those books?
Quit worrying: it's very AFC, and it makes you look like a loser without confidence. (I know it sounds harsh, but it's the truth). Why are you worrying? Do you really believe you are better than those "AFC" people who haven't read this site? Those "AFC" people just never learnt to seduce.
What if those AFC read "The Game". Well then it will be better ofcourse: see it as a motivation to improve your own game faster.
You remember that tv show with the magician that revealed nearly all magician tricks. All existing magicians were angry because now everybody knew how their trick worked. But did that stop David Copperfield to make new tricks to elude the population?
The Game just will evolve the seduction game at a faster pace and hopefully you will develop "better and stronger" seduction weapons.

I had a post about it, but no one read it ;) so you may read it if you like it ;) http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83600

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rich Dad Poor Dad is the world's highest selling book (non-fiction). But I don't see millions of people suddenly become rich.

Here's the "routine" most people will make:
1) Read a self-help book
2) Get excited
3) Start doing it but suddenly realise its harder than it looks
4) Give up

griffon65

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ricky how old are you? I remember when Iw as 18 I used to worry about the same thing and I would be insanely jealous if a guy talked to the girl I was interested in because he was extra competition.

Now I never get jealous. Honestly I dont even see guys as competition anymore. I know that I'm at the top when its comes to "the game" so I have nothing to worry about. Just improve your game to a level where you KNOW that you are better then most and then you wont have to worry about this.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing you need to remember is that the AFC's attitude will prevent him from taking any information seriously. "I can't tell her no, that's the wrong way to treat a woman! Society says that they should be treated as rare delicate flowers. Society can't be wrong!"

Then, as mentioned before, there are the AFCs who will put forth no effort to make the necessary changes because it's too hard. They'd prefer to live life by chance, not by self-control.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I made the post when I was tired. Man when I'm fatigued the negativity and fear kick in.

I'm starting to sarge again. Got another email today. Of a girl I had an eye on for a while.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A movie...

really would be bad. Unfortunately, that would probably generate enough interest that it could cause problems. Fortunately, I think a movie about computer nerds turning into seducers is not likely to happen. And even if it did, there would be such a Hollywood love-story twist to it, it would be far from anything to worry about.

I think we are safe. I don't have any sort of network television. Is this thing really getting that much attention or do we just think it is because we are in the game and our ears spring up anytime it's mentioned?

cfajason

Don Juan
Reaction score
I ordered the book too,it should arrive within a couple of days:) I cant wait for the movie to come out,dont think many guys are willing to put to much effort on becoming DJs so i dont worry.