Novel approach to get that first date.

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a caveat from the get go, I would think this tactic would only work on a girl who already has a fairly high Interest Level.

I accidentally discovered this approach while chatting with a woman on the internet, who I had "met" through a dating personals site. We had chatted a few times beforehand, maybe about two hours total.

I was chatting her up, with lots of ****y & Funny humour, intermixed with the occasional normal question, or profound philosophical remark to keep her confused and wondering about me. At one point, she switched into Interview Mode, and starting asking me all the "typical" female questions; what I do, do I have a girlfriend, do I have any kids, how many, how old, etc. etc. When she got to the "how many kids?", I started executing some C&F evasive maneuvers (now everyone knows I'm a Trekky nerd! lol), changing the subject several times (gotta keep the mystery going! :D ).

After about 15 minutes of this, I had her fuming and practically begging for cold hard facts. She tried cornering me into answering the question. So I shot back at her "I'll tell you what. Meet me for coffee, and I'll tell you." After a few seconds of stunned silence on her part, she said "Sure, I can do that.". So I told her I'd be in her area in three days, and we set up a time/place.

Voila!

Here's my barnyard psycologist angle on this: It accomplished three things.
1) Let's her know I'm in control, and calling the shots.
2) Let's her know that a relationship with me is not a free ride. If she wants anything, she's going to have to earn it.
3) Gives her something to look forward to from the date; getting to know more about me. Anticipation + curiosity = raised Interest Level.

If any of you have the opportunity to try this, let me know how it went.

Last edited:

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah...smart. you baited her into a situation where its easier to ask for a date online. nice strategy

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, it wasn't a pre-planned strategy. I was just trying out C&F for the first time, to see if it really works (It does! Wow! It REALLY does!). Asking for the date in exchange for the info was a spur-of-the-moment idea. lol But thanks for telling me it was smart anyways. :D