Not so great on my text game

Kleenhanz

Reaction score
Little backstory: So the other night I met this chick around my age at a bar. We exchanged numbers, and I went home. The next day (yesterday) she started texting me asking what's up, and after I told her I was at work she mentioned she would "like to do something together sometime". I told her sure, but didn't expand on it because I was really busy. We just continued to exchange a few meaningless texts until the conversation died off.

Now, I'm not sure what to do. She obviously wants to go out on a date with me, but I feel if I text her too soon she will get the sense that I'm too clingy. Then again, she has been fairly aggressive and I feel if I don't reply soon enough she will go cold.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Renegade357 said:
Uhh, you're not supposed to text her. You're supposed to wait 4-5 days and call her to ask her out. Stop killing challenge.
That is not entirely true. The reason why it is suggested to wait certain number of days before contacting a chick after getting digits is to calm down on the anxiety of meeting a chick. If a chick establishes a good comfort with you, there is no harm in talking to her the same day you acquire her digits, particularly when they contact you first as in the case of the OP. In fact, I would suggest you get in touch a woman you meet at a bar or a club the same night , if you can, so as to give her something to remind her of you since countless of otherwise men more than likely approached her that night.

OP: texting is not for everyone , I am no fun of it either. In situation such as yours, I would have simply told her " I am at work, I'll contact you later". This simple response serves several purposes:
1. You are a working man and value your work seriously .
2. You make her wait, which women hate.
3. Gives you time to plan where and when to take, which chicks dig because they know you know your shyt .
Then CALL her.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps just slow it down, let her crave you, and plan a light date to make sure you click and that SHE is not the clingy, needy one.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't leave it too long though. She's showing high IL and a lot of what I've read on these boards is that you should strike while the iron is hot.

georgie24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like it or Not texting is now right up there with real life in person social skills

do a bit of research on Good/bad texting methods, because it matters