Normal Healthy Food

Mage Xtil

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello, for about a month now I have been eating more healthy then ever, and actually joined a gym, and have went there 5days a week every since.

Now the only problem is that I keep reading that I should try to get 1.5g - 2g of protein for every pound of body weight. Even at 1.5g I should consume 195g or protein a day! Is there anyway I can get around that much with actual foods? Not supplements or whey protein, since my parents wont really understand if I buy tons of pills and powder.

Also is there a list somewhere that has normal everyday healthy foods on it? I know Tuna, almonds, fruits, veggies, lean meat,eggs, however most of the other foods in my house are either high in carbs, or fat or both! Any advice would be appreciated!

Xtil

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
39 g of protein for each meal if you eat 5 times a day.

your protein sources

5 days a week is to much. go to the gym on Mon - Tues Off on Wed, Thurs - Fri.

Ask a personal trainer or someone from this board about how to design a routine for your goals.

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe it is quite difficult to have that much protein without supplements such as whey protein.
Try purchasing those milk shakes. Most of them contain 20-25 grams of protein in each bottle which is about 350 ml. Have one of those in 3 of your 5 meals in a day, that's over 60 grams of protein taken care of. Eat lots of egg whites, fish, beef, and bison if you have the extra cash.