no sense of humor

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, just started college. I'm trying to establish myself as the alpha in my classes, just acting like a class clown and all. I'm crackin jokes all day long but people don't have a sense of humor or something. (*note, I did this all the time in high school and everyone thought I was a riot so I know its not me). So my thoughts are basically, great! now what?

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
I've been getting the same kind of reactions. Its hard to meet people so far. Everyone is all shy and blocked off in their own little world. And everyone else seems like they know each other from before college. There are probably less than 10 people from my high school at my college, so I came into it knowing no one.

I'd suggest you to do what I'm gonna do. Just keep trying. As soon as everyone gets used to everything, they should loosen up a bit.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
College isn't high school. Its a different level of people so you'll need to figure things out all over again.

Class isn't the time to be messing around at that level. Establish yourself as an alpha outside of class where people aren't focused on studies.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
flexion_ said:
Class isn't the time to be messing around at that level. /QUOTE]

ehh. maybe. I just dont see whats wrong with some jokes. I mean, college classes are Boring! but i guess i can see where you're coming from. everybody is paying for their own school so now it matters to them. But hey! so am I you know? ehh, whatever.

cyp6

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
here is your problem... ppl in college paid to get in there.. the ppl that laughed with in hs. was probly dumb as$es or felt social pressure to go along with what every one else was doing.... in college if u wanna be the alpha male try being funny in a smart way... learn your siht... belive it or not women find inteligence as atractive as humor... try the humor out side of class.. dont be a dumb a$$ and interupt ur professor, when ppl are trying to learn some important siht or take notes... there gonna think u just want attention.. well i guess if u can try this class clown sith in comminity college dont try it in a school you actully have to have brains to get into.. sorry to be such an as$ hole, but i had the same experience.. when i started college.. but in anycase... change up ur game, and fcuking deal with it...

DJ4Life

Don Juan
Reaction score
class clown never get respect from ppl even in high school

you get a few dumb blondes to crack up and laugh here and there, but that's about all the social power you can muster benig a class clown

if you wanna be alpha male being the smart kid (not nerd or geeky, but smart) or the jock work much better

but seriously, what makes you think in college there is still class clown :crackup:

Kings_royalty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm trying to establish myself as the alpha in my classes, just acting like a class clown and all.

There is 'nothing' alpha about being a class clown. In my opinion, class clowns are people who are looking for attention out of insecurity. Alphas are very secure in who they are, so the last thing they need is someone's attention or approval, in or out of class.

High School is where kids get a chance to socialize and interact with other students. In College, you have other locations (like bars) to do that, so your tactics won't work. I agree with cyp on this one, if you want to stand out in class, show your intelligence, not your a$$.

Good luck.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You sound like a royal douchebag. Acting like a class clown in college classes will only make people think you're an attention-craving jackass. Even the most laid-back of college classes are nothing like highschool, so your little class clown act has got to go.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are people who are really that funny talk about "trying to establish themself as alpha" in such a serious way? Mabye they weren't laughin at your jokes.