"no contact" question....

allen2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
dated a girl for 6 mos that was still talking off and on with her ex...

finally called B.S. on that and broke up with her on Thursday of last week.

she tried calling me 3 days later. didn't answer. then she texts me and says that she's sorry she reacted to the break up the way she did (but she really didn't react at all), and that she hopes we can be "adult" about it and stay in touch.

I've sat looking at that text off and on this afternoon and was thinking about if I should respond or not.

I would like to remain "friendly", hey possibly I can hook up with her later (like a year from now?) but as far as dating her now and having any need for her attention, I am over it. We have no real mutual friends and I doubt I would ever see her again in my day to day life.

should I respond or not? if I broke up with her and she texts me back, what does that really mean? she's still interested?

MikeOck

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not respond. You left her for a reason.

allen2000 said:
...hopes we can be "adult" about it...
An adult leaves the past where it belongs, in the past. Some women love to pull the mature line on us, while they continue to behave like spoiled children.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Dude, she wants you in the friendzone.

I don't go back to any of my exes. Neither should you. But you should spin plates.

Case closed.

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
allen2000 said:
I've sat looking at that text off and on this afternoon and was thinking about if I should respond or not.
Your gut is already telling you what to do. No contact means no contact.