Newbie AFC checking in, please read

Chipleader

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I guess you guys get Newbies posting their problems and questions all the time and I guess your pretty damn sick of it, but please remember how helpless and vulnerable you lot were back in your AFC days.
Ive read pretty much every piece of material by David D and read the entire D J Bilbe (which I found much more helpful than the DD stuff). The big, big problem Ive got is knowing where to start. I have dabbled with the old C&F stuff and to honest had pretty good results, much better than I imagined I would. I desperately (yeh I know how desperation is bad) want to start trying this stuff out in bars and clubs, anyone got any tips on what helped them when they were starting out like me? Or even better has anyone got any great success or failure stories back when they were starting out like me. It would just be cool to here from real guys in a situation like mine, rather than so called gurus with a financial incentive.
Thanks guys.

vivavllv

Banned
Reaction score
Best thing to do is:

Read one post from DJ Bible, then go out and practice it.

Come back home, read no more than one post from the DJ Bible, and practice that too.

If you read everything frist, you'll get fvcked up because you'll get too confused.

This is the best method.

THERE IS A STICKY SAYING "HOW TO USE THIS SITE" EXCELENT POST BY B-LEMOND.

Reaction score
Chipleader said:
It would just be cool to here from real guys in a situation like mine, rather than so called gurus with a financial incentive.
Thanks guys.
True. But have you heard of p2p?

If you want to get started, read the DJ Bible. It's callled a Bible for a reason. It's the best of the best. I also reccoment the book of pook if you happen to come across it. It's in pdf format and it has all his posts so you dont have to go hunting.

It's a great read.

Gimme a shout if ure interested in the pooks posts and I can hook you up with the collection.

LJC

Banned
Reaction score
All of this stuff like C&F, neg hits, etc. etc are like toppings on a main course. They aren't core traits or skills or whatever you want to call them. They are just specialized little deviations/manipulations of one basic thing, and that is being a good conversationalist. You can be a master of neg hits, but you'll bomb inevitably if that's your only ace in the hole because a conversation has to go someplace else eventually. So start basic.

The beginning starts with confidence, obviously. You have to learn how to be that very sociable Mr. Calm & Cool in every situation. It's a frame you should take into every aspect of your life, from social to financial. Shed all of you're nervousness, fear and timid apprehension and take that into your social encounters with everyone. Once you can approach people without being easily phased, then you can begin to work on engaging a captivating social presence.

Ever meet one of those people you just liked from the get go? I mean, boom, right from moment #1 they had your interest? That's the kind of guy you want to be first and foremost, and you do that by putting everyone you meet into the same frame you are in. You have to make them lose all of their fears and apprehensions just like yourself. Make them one of you.

For example, you're walking down the street and maybe you're a little ticked off about something; kind of stewing over it just a little, when a cute little babe walks by you, gives that little finger wave and says, Hi!". What happens to you? You temporarily forget, right? You're mood changes and begins to reflect the current situation. That's the kind of ability you want to possess before you start doing all of this other stuff, because the success rate for all those other things you will eventually come to practice will just start to explode.

Anyway, I've got to stop there because I have to be somewhere. I'll try to get back to this tomorrow sometime.

Chipleader

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh thanks man any more info you got will be much appreciated.