Need help on a relationship of mine.....please

skiguy411

Reaction score
I got refered here from another forum and I am hoping I can get some more advice. So let me give you the story. (sorry for the length)

In my freshman year of high school (just started jr year now), I met this really great girl. We will call her girl 1. We hit it off really great and we went out for a little over three months. We really did like each other alot. It was great until i met this other girl (girl 2), and I thought maybe the grass was greener on the other side. So being the retard that I am, I decided to break up with girl 1 and go out with girl 2. The relationship with girl 2 never was as goods as the relationship with girl 1 and 3 months after going out, it ended.

About a month later during summer, girl one and I start talking again. She really likes me alot, but instead of going out we then became friends with benifits and I guess I led her to believe that we were going to start going out again, but it never really happend.

At the begining of sophmore year, girl one and I are in 2 classes together and sat next to each other for the majority of the year. I really start to like her again and I find out that she never really lost the feelings for me from the first relationship with her. So we go out again. Again another awesome relationship with her, always wanted to be with each other, we had the perfect relationship. At the end of sophmore year we are still together and going strong. During the summer she went to England for 3 and 1/2 weeks to visit relatives and I go to the beach for a week. At the beach, there was a girl there (girl 3) that just so happen to live pretty close to me. I never really wanted to talk to her, but she sure did take an interest in me. My cousins took noticed and using there "throw the football next to the girl so I can chase it and talk to the girl tatic" we became friends and hung out at the beach. I never liked her more than a friend. When we got back from the beach, I hung out with girl 3 once as friends (girl one was still in England). I told my girl 1 that I met a girl at the beach and hung out with her as friends. She got really upset (I cant blame her). So I thought hey, maybe if girl 1 and I just dated, we could see other people because I thought it wouldnt hurt as much if she had the freedom to see other people (one of the biggest mistakes in my life so far) I still like Girl 1 just as much. I saw girl 3 once after that and then we just kinda stopped talking. I never realized how special girl 1 was to me, until it was gone.

Meanwhile, Girl 1 (the girl who I still really like) finds out that she has 5 guys like her. She hung out with 3 of those guys once or twice. One guy even tried to put the moves on her when she was getting a ride home from him from a friends house. She said she stopped him and nothing happend. Everytime she talks to these guys on AIM it hurts so bad. I cant help but think she is going to like one of them. She says she doesnt like them and I put my trust into that. To this day, she is still friends with 4 of those guys. She hasnt hung out with them anymore so far because school has started, but believe me they have asked her. Things started getting better and we are madly in "love" again.....

Until one day she breaks the news to me. She tells me she has small feelings for a guy on the cross country team ( they both run xc). She says she has like him for 2 years, and she just started feeling guilty about not telling me. She said nothing has/will come out of those feelings and most of her feelings are with me, but it still hurts knowing that she isnt all mine. All of the sudden though this guy starts paying attention to her. I was at girl 1's house and this guy IMs her with "hey hunny." She said oh crap and feels really bad about it. She said he does that all the time, but he doesnt really mean it (yeah right). I say its ok(i didnt want to make her feel bad, even though it hurt so much) and moved on.

So as of now we still really like each other and see each other almost every day. Except the cross country team does alot of things together. For instance, tommorow they are all going over to someones house and having a pool party. That guy will be there and I just have a feeling he will be all over her. It makes me sick just to think about it. It hurts so much.

How do I get it to stop hurting? I know its my fault for her finding these other guys. I have tried hinting at us going exclusive again, but she says that she doesnt want that right now. I just want things to go back to how they were, but I cant. So what do I do?

Last edited:

Beatflux

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let her go. Move on.

skiguy411

Reaction score
I couldnt do that. I have never met a girl so special as her. She says she will do her best to get rid of those small feelings for that other guy. I wanna trust her.

misunderstood??

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you should stop taking everything so seriously. This is high school. Something you might want to ponder is, are you wasting your time here? To get a better idea of how I could possibly think such a thing feel free to read my post "what's in your bag?" and think of all the other things (and girls, haha) you could be doing. Just have fun, that's high school is all about, leave all this seriousness later in life when u gotta pay bills and work 9-5.
This might sound wierd to you but all this work you're doing to try and keep this girl is acutally counter-productive. You'd be better off NOT trying to stop her from hanging out with guys, letting her know it bothers you. All this accomplishes is makes you look very insecure and will get her to wonder, "What is it about this other guys that scares him so much?" and that will make her even more interested in them, they are now the 'forbidden fruit'. Your best bet would probably be lay back and let whatever happen happens. That will make you appear volumes more attractive then you would by obsessing over the possiblity of her leaving again. If things don't work out accept it and realize it's probably for the better.
This might sound dumb to you at the moment but if you stick around it'll all start to make sense and you will start to realize women aren't as complicated as you once thought. Oh and topic I think you should particularily look for on here is 'challenge'.

Good luck and let whatever happen, happen.

skiguy411

Reaction score
Well I went over to her house and talked to her. After talking things out, I feel alot better about our relationship. So everything looks to be alright now. Thanks for the advice though.

Gold Heart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
where everyone seems to need social acceptance in
At her house, did you two do anything? Or was it just talk?

I like that throwing the football next to the girl tactic, I'm gonna use that next time I'm at the beach :cool:

I know how you feel, but feelings can't be controlled. It seems as if you attract girls pretty easily, maybe looks, or whatever there is to you. I am not sure about your convo skills but if she shows any sign of trouble, BAIL OUT and hook up with the next girl.