Need advice on car, crashed into my car.Driver has no car insuarance?

Romeo1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres the story i was out in memphis,Tennesse for work 2 weeks ago.By the way i live in California.So while i was out there on my first week my mom called me and told me someone had crashed my car,and that she had called the cops and reported it,the driver did not have car insuarance and i have no insuarance for uninsuared motorist.And now im back and my car in badly scratched.What can i do?:confused: All help will be appreciated!

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What can you do?

Add "uninsured motorist" to your policy for next time.

See if you can find the guy and see if he'll pay for repairs or try to sue him.:cuss:

People who drive with no insurance should be publicly beaten!:trouble:

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Having anything less then full coverage on your vehicle is just asking for trouble because anything can happen. Now you know. If you got the guy's info you can sue his ass for damages.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How 'badly scratched' are you talking about? Even if you had uninsured motorist coverage, you'd probably (Im not totally sure though) have to come up with a deductable of 500 or more anyway, and possibly raise your rates, so it might not even be worth it. You'd only want to use that on something more serious than a bad scratch.

What kind of car do you have?

Besides, from what it sounds like, your mom got the guys info, so he's still responsible. Its not like it was a hit and run. If it was reported to the police, he's in pretty big trouble now, and they will require him to pay for your damage. It might take a while, though.