need advice i did 3 cold approaches at the gym

Stark

Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to arizona state university. i like to go to the gym alot so i figured it would be nice to be able to have some gym game. this morning i went to the college gym which is huge has people going in and out all the time. i dont really find opportunities to approach except for girls on the easy machines such as bikes/ elipticals.

first girl i get on eliptical next to her. i dont muster up the courage to talk till after about 6 mins. i ask where the towel and spray are to wipe off my equipment. she nicely tells me where. and i say thanks and walk off. granted this girl was an hb6 on my books so i didnt find motivation to take it further.

2cnd girl i see a girl using a stair machine. i get on stair machine next to her i ask her out it works. she niceley tells me. then the conversation ends and thats it.

3rd girl i sit on sitting bike machine next to her. i say hi. and no response.. was akward lol.

i kinda think using a machine next to a girl might be kind of creepish so i justs start a convo and if she doesnt follow up at all i don't keep going. thats what i did anyway.

any advice or more effective ways to pick up at the gym?

U-571

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stark said:
I go to arizona state university. i like to go to the gym alot so i figured it would be nice to be able to have some gym game. this morning i went to the college gym which is huge has people going in and out all the time. i dont really find opportunities to approach except for girls on the easy machines such as bikes/ elipticals.

first girl i get on eliptical next to her. i dont muster up the courage to talk till after about 6 mins. i ask where the towel and spray are to wipe off my equipment. she nicely tells me where. and i say thanks and walk off. granted this girl was an hb6 on my books so i didnt find motivation to take it further.

2cnd girl i see a girl using a stair machine. i get on stair machine next to her i ask her out it works. she niceley tells me. then the conversation ends and thats it.

3rd girl i sit on sitting bike machine next to her. i say hi. and no response.. was akward lol.

i kinda think using a machine next to a girl might be kind of creepish so i justs start a convo and if she doesnt follow up at all i don't keep going. thats what i did anyway.

I remember when I went to my university gym it was 95% men. The few women there were always been oggled at by the tons of men there. Honestly, a woman's value in a gym filled with men is enormously high.

Your attemps at picking up women in the gym are not even attempts. You are just asking where a bottle of cleaning spray is or how to use a piece of equipment.

Instead of asking "fake" question why don't you just ask questions about what they are studying and other basic conversational things. It will be harder to pick up women in a gym filled with men because they know they can be ultra selective and they have their defenses up. Instead of being a creep and trying to set-up weird forced interactions just work out hard and if you see a cute girl approach her. Don't intentionally go to the gym only to pick up women because they can sense that and your actions/approach will seem very forced.

Stark

Don Juan
Reaction score
ya well its my first day back in college just trying to get warmed up a little. opening would be the hardest part. the girl i said hi too just pretended i she didnt hear it or maybe she didnt actually hear it idk.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stark said:
ya well its my first day back in college just trying to get warmed up a little. opening would be the hardest part. the girl i said hi too just pretended i she didnt hear it or maybe she didnt actually hear it idk.

you should have said "i'm fine thanks for asking" after she no-replied you.lol

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say you did fine for your first day. Breaking the ice is hard. Next time you go out, try to hold a short conversation.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ASU might be the top school in the country in regard to beautiful women. They are everywhere. It would be easiest to concentrate on environments where your chances are higher. Trying to talk to random girls at the gym is a low-percentage shot. It would help if you took a class like swimming, cross-fit, or aerobics, where you saw the same girls on a regular basis. Then they are not complete strangers.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Stark said:

Why do you think gym game is different from any other sort of day game. Use a situational opener.

Why do you think gym game is different from any other sort of day game. Use a situational opener.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
U-571 said:
I remember when I went to my university gym it was 95% men. The few women there were always been oggled at by the tons of men there. Honestly, a woman's value in a gym filled with men is enormously high.

A woman's value is high regardless of where you are. Their objective is to get your resources, and your objective is to date, get love, pu$$y, marriage, etc. with them. The more men around, the merrier it is for the women.

Your attempts at picking up women in the gym are not even attempts. You are just asking where a bottle of cleaning spray is or how to use a piece of equipment.

Use a situation opener. OP, you sounded very clueless. You're gonna have to learn some game since you don't appear to have a lot to offer. Learn how to get more attention than her iPod.

Instead of asking "fake" question why don't you just ask questions about what they are studying and other basic conversational things. It will be harder to pick up women in a gym filled with men because they know they can be ultra selective and they have their defenses up.

See the first paragraph that I wrote. Watch out for the iPods! Apple gave the ladies a strong defense. It's tough to game in a gym, even when there aren't a lot of guys. Hint: Personal Trainers. Women have their defenses up in day and night game. We just gotta know how to beat them.

Instead of being a creep and trying to set-up weird forced interactions just work out hard and if you see a cute girl approach her. Don't intentionally go to the gym only to pick up women because they can sense that and your actions/approach will seem very forced.

She gotta see something interesting in you or you gotta look decent in her eyes. That last sentence is point on. Good luck.
Read bet- Good luck in the gym. Judge Nismo's ruling.

Case closed.