My workout schedule *help*

Dr.LASR

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello, new member here.

I've never been the slim type. I've always been stocky. Currently I am going to start this workout:
DAY 1(eg. Monday)
Squats 2 x 5
Squats or Leg Press 1 x 15 (lighter weight)
Good Mornings or Stiff Leg Deadlifts or Sumo Leg Press 2 x 10-15
Glute Ham Raise or Pullthroughs or Hyperextension 2 x 8
Calf Raises 2 x 10

DAY 2(eg. Wednesday)
Incline Press 2 x 5
Dumbbell Press (Flat/Decline) or Dips 2 x 8-10
Shoulder Press 2 x 8-12
Tricep Exercise 2 x 10-15

DAY 3(eg. Friday)
Deadlifts 2 x 5
Row or Chinup/Pulldown 2 x 8
Bicep Curl 2 x 8-10
Forearm Exercise 2 x 10-15
I'll be doing that with this schedule:
Week 1: Max Testing

Weeks 2 - 5: Routine you selected

Week 6: Max Testing

Weeks 7 - 11: Routine you selected

Week 12: Max Testing
Basically, I think that's ok. My main concern is my diet.
I have control over what I eat for breakfast and lunch, but basically no control what-so-ever in my dinner. I'm currently in highschool, so 6/8 meal diets aren't very viable for me, but I can manage if needed. I have no knowledge of diets at all. Anyone have any tips or ideas of what my diet should be like?

Some stuff we have at home:
I live near a pharmacy, tim hortons, and a macs.
We pretty much always have eggs
Occasionally ground beef.
Always have milk.
Pretty much always have bagels and bread.

Another thing to note, I get 30 dollars a month for allowance, currently looking for a job.

Physical Description:
6 foot 1 inches
14 years old
205 pounds
Legs and arms in good shape, bad chest and cardio.

If anyone could help, thank you very much.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Program looks fine, though you are only 14. Nothing wrong with being 14, but your body is still developing and going through puberty. Something to keep in mind..

Anyways for Squat days I just started to do Good Mornings. GHR's, RDL's and Hyper Extensions work good as well to build your squat. It will come down to personal preference. Maybe one week do Good Mornings and another week do RDL's or just pick one of the exercises and work on that for a month and see if its working.

For Wednesday it says Incline Presses 2x5. Unless thats a typo I would recommend just doing normal Bench Press 2x5 and then your dumbbell work - Incline, Decline or however.

For your diet, what are your goals?

Dr.LASR

Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, I've got the muscle. I'm mainly looking to lost a bit of belly fat and my unfortunate case of the moobs. I can live with the belly, but not the moobs. My ultimate goal is a defined six-pack, but thats a long time away.

MrNiceGuy23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To get a six-pack you're going to have to do cardio, and a decent amount of it to get your body fat percentage low enough for abs to become visible.

To put it into perspective, I'm 21 years old, currently about 190 pounds, and around your height. When I was 18 I had a six pack, but I only weighed in a about 160 pounds. Due to some surgeries I gained weight, dedicated myself to building muscle for a few months until I hit 200 pounds, and have now been cutting. My upper abs are visible, but not my lower abs, figure I have another 5 pounds or so to go.

If you want to get into good shape overall (heart wise) try doing a couch potato to 5k program.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I'm starting one soon myself just to be healthy. Doesn't require much, only do it on non lifting days though, if you can't do that then do it AFTER your workout, not before.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep doing the program but also do some cardio, like sprinting.

Or, take up a hobby like MMA/Krav Maga/BJJ. That will take the lbs off.

Don't think too much about diet, just eat healthy and eat plenty of meat, eggs, poultry and fish.

I'd aim for 4 gym sessions a week plus three cardio sessions, high intensity cardio like hill sprints, tire/sled drags, tire flipping.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't have to run to have a 6 pack. I can testify for that.
Don't worry how often you it, it really does not matter. Only meal timings that matter are pre and post workout meals.
It doesn't matter how often you eat; it matters how much you eat.
That's a lot of legs in that program. Where's the normal bench? There's also little upper back.

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, you really don't need the cardio for a six pack. If you have to do cardio, straight running is a **** way to go about it. Rather take up a team sport, water polo will kick your ass and is a ton of fun.
Drop the bicep curls, weighted chins are vastly better. Also, don't bother with forearm work

Mical6

Reaction score
I don't think so there is any problem with your workout routine. I like your workout routine and i will try to follow it. If you want to build some muscles then do some weight lifting. Anyway nice post.

Dr.LASR

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you Mical.
I would've started on Monday, put I don't know where my school gym is...

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
swimming... try sprinting, freestyle or butterfly
like 8 sets of 100 meter sprints

now i know a lot of people will say "swimming doesn't work" or "thermodynamic effect of water is the main reason blah blah blah"
these people should say that when they show me a video of themselves doing competitive swimming,
however im sure most have never done it... most of these "anti-swimmers" are hammers anyway
Arnold Schwarzenegger advises swimming in the book "education of a bodybuilder"

get into competitive style swimming, you'll see results in 6-8 weeks

Dr.LASR

Don Juan
Reaction score
switch. I'm currently wanting to join my schools swimming team, however, I don't know when it's starting up.

NorwegianDJ
What's a bot...?

Also, for the leg exercise's, I want to be full back next year, so I need to be quicker.

Last edited:

MrNiceGuy23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol at people saying you don't need cardio, you can't drop your body fat percentage from 18% to <10% with just weights and diet, and if you do it will take much longer than doing cardio.

Common sense people.

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MrNiceGuy23 said:
Lol at people saying you don't need cardio, you can't drop your body fat percentage from 18% to <10% with just weights and diet, and if you do it will take much longer than doing cardio.

Common sense people.
Ha that's funny because I've done it, zero cardio. Cardio really isn't needed and not doing cardio doesn't make the process any longer. Look at this common sense has nothing to do with it, results do. You've obviously never heard of intermittent fasting.

Mical6

Reaction score
Mical6 said:
I don't think so there is any problem with your workout routine. I like your workout routine and i will try to follow it. If you want to build some muscles then do some weight lifting. Anyway nice post.
Boot Camp Sydney

HeadLightsOn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been an athlete pretty much my entire life, and have tried many different workout and training methods.

I have found that if I can 'play' and get outside, it has a definite effect on my physique eg, mountain biking, swimming and those similar outdoor sports.

But one of the workouts that REALLY got me into shape, and is still in my top 3 workouts of all time, is boxing.

It doesn't have to be punch in the head, full on ring stuff either. But a boxing workout is amazing. Things like:

- shadow boxing
- speed ball training
- top to bottom ball training
- controlled sparring
- skipping

Any boxing training should be under the tuition of an experienced boxer who knows how to train teenagers, and isn't a 'school of hard ass' member!

Seriously, boxing and the associated training - under proper supervision by a good coach - changed my way of thinking about fitness and physique.

It really is worth looking at if you have access to any facilities.

bestreboot

Reaction score
Important Component Of Boot Camp Training

At reboot weight loss boot camp, we will definitely give you the choice to select the type of cardiovascular exercises you want to participate in. You will be

impressed with the various cardiovascular exercises included in our boot camp training. When you join our boot camp, you will also be able to select the duration of

several activities, the frequency, and the intensity or progression of activities you would like to participate it. The professionals at reboot weight loss boot camp

have created numerous guidelines about the quality and quantity of cardiovascular exercises that are required for you to have a healthy mentality or body.

Cardiovascular training is definitely an important component of our boot camp training and there are several options you can choose from such as jogging, walking,

swimming, or hiking. Not only will engaging in our boot camp training help you in losing weight, but you will also end up have a healthy emotional health after you

leave our boot camp. Joining our boot camp training isn’t only about losing weight but it is also about improving your mental health and having a clear mind. At reboot

boot camp, you will realize that there are three phases in our cardiovascular boot camp training and they are warming up, severely working out, and cooling down after

your working out. Participating in classes that perform aerobic exercises is very fun and motivational at the same time. You will also be able to do aerobics with

other people and this is very important for support. To get the best outcome, you should consider doing aerobics three times per week and each session should be have

an hour. Even though this can be difficult at first, you will definitely get the hang of it after the first couple of sessions.

Swimming is one of the most popular cardiovascular exercises and is very beneficial for individuals suffering from chronic limitation. Even though it isn’t easy like

jogging or walking, it is better because you will also get to enjoy your time while doing it. Just like performing other exercises, you will need to warm up first

before swimming to avoid getting cramps.Your heart is one of the most important components in your body and performing cardiovascular exercises will help you in

strengthening it. A heart that is strong would enhance blood flow. People who are overweight are usually in a higher risk os suffering from health problems in the

future. This will decrease your risk of suffering from diseases such as cancer, heart attacks, and unstable cholesterol levels.

The best thing about this is that you will be able to increase or decrease the intensity depending on your fitness levels. You will be surprised when you experience

the difference where many of our clients have lost weight, improved their breathing, and strengthened their heart condition. This is even more beneficial for

individuals who suffer from conditions such as diabetes or health problems. The resting heart rate is the amount of times that your heart beats during one minute. We

will also combine your cardiovascular exercises with a healthy nutritious diet plan so you can lose more weight. This is definitely better than using diet pills or

eating diets that consist of unhealthy fats or carbohydrates. Keep in mind that these diet pills have a lot of side effects that will have a negative impact on your

health. Swimming is one of the best modes of cardiovascular training because there is no pressure on the body while you are doing it. The various benefits of swimming

include strengthening and toning of your muscles and building up stamina.

If you interested for weight loss please visit here
South Coast Boot Camp l Boot Camp in the South l Apples & Pears Boot Camp l Weight Loss Camp l Cheap boot Camp l No 1 Boot Camp l Beach Boot Camp