My workout lately.

Mitch_Mustain

Don Juan
Reaction score
About 2 fridays ago I started working out and holy sh*t the next two days after my body was so sore I couldnt move it.

Well this morning I went back at it, but this time with a different approach on my lifting.

I started out with the treadmill for about 10 or 15 minutes, stretched my legs good and then started on squats

Squats
80x8
80x7
125x6
135x5
155x5
205x3
225x3

You might think that maybe with this number of sets I would be dog tired or something but on the contrary. It seemed like every set got easier and easier in a sense. The weight was still a challenge but I felt like I got a real work out from the squats today.

Leg press
60x8
60x6
70x5
80x3

Chest press
70x8
70x8
80x6
90x4

Low Row
60x10
60x10
60x10
80x8
80x6
90x6

and then I did about 2 sets of bicep curls and then hit the treadmill for about 5 minutes to cool down and got out of there.

What do you guys think about this as a workout? I feel really good.

When should I go back to gym?
What kind of exercises should I do then?

I haven't lifted weights since I was 15 and back then I was maxed out my squat at 315 before I quit football. And now I want to lift and get back into shape but this time I want to do it right. I used to lift weights as much as possible but I wasn't gettng the results I should have then because my diet consisted of poor eating habits and not enough rest.

Im going to call myself a beginner but with that sense Im needing some help and advice. I started reading Warboss's Idiots Guide to.(forgot the rest) and I signed up on FitDay.com and started setting up my diet routine but I need some help with so if anyone is willing to help with the process and how much of which nutrients I need daily.

Im 5'8 and weigh a whopping 195lbs. I've never weighed this much and from what I calculated I need to loose 4.9 pounds a week to reach my goal of 170 by november 21-24.

Any help or criticism is welcome

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dropping 25 lbs in a month would require amputation.

I'd do less sets on everything - I never do more than 2 sets for any exercise.

Start eating more protein too. Head back to the gym in a couple of days when you feel ready for it.

Mitch_Mustain

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can understand how you would keep your sets at a minimum but I noticed today that I'm not as sore as I was the day after the 1st workout I had in which I was sooooooooooooo damn sore...I read about doing these sets on a bodybuilding.com and how it helps you push more than with just 2 or 3 sets. I don't exactly remember how the guy explained it but it was to prevent as much soreness and so far I feel sore but its tolerable enough for me to go back tomorrow.