My skin is pealing! What should I do?

vivavllv

Banned
Reaction score
I just got back from the Dominican Republic, i didn't wear sunblock or anything like that. When i was leaving, i had bit of sunburn on my pec and sholders.

Now my skin is pealing. 3Questions.
1)Why is this happening?

2)Are there any dangers to this?

3) How should i treat this? (i just put on dry-skin lotion)

thanks ~vivavllv~

Damian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, when you're goin to the beach, you should wear some sunblock.

Why is this happening? It's an effect of sunburn. After a while the skin where you had the sunburn will start to peel. It's like if you seared the skin on a piece of chicken, it would come flaking off easily. It's part of the natural healing process.

Are there any dangers to this? Well, the raw skin underneath is prone to infection, so try to keep it clean. Another danger from sun overexposure would be skin cancer, but nothing you should be too paranoid about.

How should you treat this? Aloe usually works best. Keep the area clean and dry, so it won't get infected. Otherwise, apply some lotion or aloe and just treat it as if you had scrape or something. Don't try to peel off all the dried skin. That might leave scarring or discoloration. Just let it slowly fall off on its own.

-Damian

vivavllv

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks man, but will i lose my tan? Thats what it starting to look like.

And if my sweet gets on the spots, will this cause any sort of infections (probably not, i hope) or any harmful results?

Thanks Damian, your the man.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL are you being serious? Maybe it's just because I'm from CA, but peeling after a sunburn isn't uncommon....When I peel from a sunburn I don't do a damn thing. Infact I think it's kinda fun to peel it off and see how big of a chunk I can get at once :p The only thing you have to worry about is skin cancer.