My girlfriend is giving me the cold shoulder and won't talk to me at all

Steve-O

Banned
Reaction score
We've been together for just under a year. Everything is great. She even moved in with me a while ago and still no problems.

This Sunday, we went to visit her family. I was in the living room watching some TV. A few minutes later, she joined me and sat next to me. Her aunt came in, saw us and started teasing us about looking like a married couple. Then she asked me "So when are you popping the big question?". I was a little taken aback so I smiled and said "When I feel like it". Her aunt kept teasing me about not letting a good one run away and then left.

On the drive home, my girlfriend was a little more quiet than usual. When we got home, she went into the second bedroom. Around 11pm, I asked her when she was coming to our own bedroom. She said "When I feel like it" and slammed her door. Then everything clicked for me.

She's barely spoken to me the past few days and hasn't slept in our bedroom the past three days now. I'm really confused as to why my statement was offensive. I was really taken by surprise with her aunt's question and didn't know what else to say. That and marriage with her has never even crossed my mind. I really dislike having this kind of atmosphere in the house because it feels like emotional torture.

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Steve-O said:
She said "When I feel like it" and slammed her door.
BURRRRNNNNNN!!!!!

Just kidding. Ignore it. Don't respond. She needs your attention more than you need hers (obviously, hence the tantrum). It'll be back to normal soon enough.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pick a better choice of words next time in front of family. Maybe 'when the time is right'.

Other than that, ignore the temper tantrum. Things will be back to normal soon.

lili19771

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheCWord said:
BURRRRNNNNNN!!!!!

Just kidding. Ignore it. Don't respond. She needs your attention more than you need hers (obviously, hence the tantrum). It'll be back to normal soon enough.
What does this have to do with attention? Op embarrassed his gf infront of her famaily by derping. Theres probably more derpage that we don't know about.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you guys respond to trolls?