my girl smokes weed :(

thezodiac

Reaction score
hey ive been dating this girl for a while, and yes we have a mutual love and care for one another. she has smoked ever sinc ei met her, ive even smoked with her, although ive always busted on her and teased her for doing so. she kind of knows i dont like her doing it, as i really dont like doing it, but i really want her to stop. i think its a disgusting habit, and i wouldnt be so concerned if i wasnt in a long term relationship with her.

how do i get her to stop? should i just put my foot down and make her choose between weed or me? or should i ask her in a concerned way?

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
so she smokes weed. is she still responsible with her priorities? besides the fact that it bothers you, how is her habit getting in the way of your relatinoship? she's already aware you don't approve of her weed smoking. if she continues her habit, just deal with it. as long as it's not affecting her priorities or your relationship, it's not a big deal. don't play daddy and try to regulate her

rswarren

Don Juan
Reaction score
its a simple fact really, you just dont want to accept it. You dont like her smoking weed, she likes too. Its a difference of values, the relationship wont work. Only accept the best man. NEXT !

or it will just become a stickign point in your relationship down the line

if you want to have fun with her that is fine but not if you want a real long term LTR.

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i know you don't like weed, but for many people, sex is enhanced big time while stoned. maybe you should try that with your girl

GropeDope

Banned
Reaction score
If you're with someone who constantly does something that goes against your morals, then you are being a hypocrite by tolerating it and allowing yourself to live around it. That's how I see it. They are on opposite sides of the spectrum. Maybe he should just keep her as a f*ck buddy and find someone else. There are plenty of fine b!tches out there who are drug free.

On the other hand they can make it work if they really want to. It'll be a b!tch but it could technically work if they are both able to tolerate each others bullsh!t and be flexible. Compromises are a mother f*cker. If she keeps pressuring him to smoke with her though, or he keeps making her feel bad about getting high, it's f*ckin pointless. Neither of them are going to want to switch sides. I've been there, I know. They need to figure out some type of balance. I don't know wtf that balance may be when it comes to smoking weed...but if they can establish that, then they might be able to maintain some sort of f*cked up, yet functional relationship.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm guessing you're in a LTR with her. If that's the case, you have no right to b1tch since you knew what you were getting into. You can't force ANYBODY to change, they have to do it for themselves. Either accept the fact that you're in a relationship with a pothead, or ditch her for a girl who doesn't smoke weed.

MightyMate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are with her not for long time. You can tell her to choose now. Just tell her You dont like it, but dont tell to choose because You will loose. After some time tell You want her to stop or so. But first be sure shes really attracted to You.

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

you wanna try getting it on when your both stoned mate....would be the best experience of your life. Lol, wish some of my g/f's had been into weed!!

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me.

My issue was, I didn't know she smoked until several months into the relationship.

At the start it was fine - but the problem occurs if it becomes to much and she begins to self medicate.

That's what happened to me.

My girl smoked pretty much every night. then would pass out around 11pm - and I'd carry her to bed. If she smoked earlier in the evening, sometimes she would fall asleep watching TV - then wake up around 11pm and not go to sleep until 2-3.

bear in mind we were living together and working full time.

Yes, it didn't mess with her work, but sex went out the window and it got to the point where we could not do anything without her taking her weed. We'd go away for the weekend to say Vegas - she'd bring her weed. One time she even hid it in her grnadmothers baggage (we were going away for the weekend with her grandparent, her grandparent were leavign a week earlier and driving, we were flying).

In short this will not work out. You have an issue with it - and that will not go away. People who smoke weed usually become more dependent on it. Yes, weed has not been proved to be addictive - but I believe it to physcologically so. Most of the people I know who smoke weed, become passive, have low energy and would rather sit and smoke than do something active - a generalization I know, but it's true.

I also went tha same route as you and started smoking with my GF. I figured if I were to share the experience with her, that I could somehow control the amount she smoked. Wrong. Somehow, after several months, it got to where we were smoking almost every night. I got tired of waking up every morning tired as hell.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
trust me shes not gonna quit.

im kind of addicted to the sh1t but i havent blazed in 2 days now which is a long time for a mad ass toker like me.

nah i dont do it that much but it does interfere with my life so thats why i quit cold turkey. It is not essential to my state of being but it is something i would like to indulge in on special occasions in the future.

zolo

Don Juan
Reaction score
nutin like diggin out a chick when you are both lit up on some good chronic

shyguy67

Reaction score
i know you dont like to smoke weed, i know this. but its friday and you aint got know job and you aint got **** to do.

Bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I for one am done with college, so I don't hang around smokers anymore, nor do I smoke anything.

If anything about your girl bothers you, let her know where your boundaries are. You're the boss. It's your life and she's the guest.

-Bill

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I couldn't be with anyone who smokes anything. But that's just me. If it bothers you that much, then just tell her how you feel. If she really likes you, she'll quit.

superchristx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
furthermore, there are cool stoner guys out there (kinda like me) that you are DEPRIVING your girl of! Set her free, send her to me.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drop her. She's a bad influence on you.

There's just as many clean girls as there are guys. You'll find your!

DonMEgaHoss

Don Juan
Reaction score
All about moderation my homie! Yeah if you smoke weed too much you just sit around and be baked but what they said about sex and being stoned well... it just rules.. even if you jack off its better than normal.

You can only blame yourself for getting into this issue like some one else said you probably knew in the beginning that she smoked but still went with her and a LTR it seems. You have to regulate your usage of weed or you will be unmotivated candy eating fat arse. I know I was a weed smoking fiend! I was like 205 lbs and now like a year later Im 170 lbs but im tall 6'2" and lean, mean, and a sex machine. I still smoke but not as much as I had.

Like I could smoke a quarter of a ounce in easily 2 days.

But yeah she wont drop it unless she is like head over heels for you. Just think about it you probably have some bad habit she doesnt like either. Thats life... If you cant get past it then ditch her.

All the girls I knew that smoked had to be some of the coolest chicks I knew.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
All the girls I knew that smoked had to be some of the coolest chicks I knew.
So true.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Introduce her to white lines as an alternative. She'll never touch the stuff again, after she gets a taste for candy:D

Kids don't do drugs!