my g/f is late on her period...please help

Salduchi1785

Don Juan
Reaction score
im alittle upset because my girlfriend is a few days late on her period. she usually has it on the 7th or 8th and now its the 11th. she took 3 pregnancy tests. 2 of the 1st response ones and 1 EPT test. the EPT test was taken in the morning because there is more prgnancy hormone in morning urine. all 3 came up negative. but she is still late and it scares me. she says she has been getting headaches and been *****y lately. its been a long PMS for her. shes getting cramps and gets pretty tired randomly. someone tell me something to ease my mind alittle. i think those tests are supposed over 99% accurate. and we took them all after her missed period and the 1st responce one says u can take it 5 days b4 her period and it still came negative. someone please confort me alittle. thanks

tobiashunter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Calm down... My ex-gf was once 2 weeks late and she wasn't pregnant... you have to wait more than 2-3 days. Try in about a week or so. I mean it is too late for the morning afterpill anyways (has to be taken within 48 hours of unprotected intercourse or something like that)

penguin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stress can be a major cause. If she's worrying about being late, her stress about the situation will possibly worsen it and it becomes a cycle. Chill out, both of you relax, and it will come when it wants to.

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
me and my gf recently had a scare. if she is having her normal PMS symptoms, just not her normal period time, don't worry, she should get her period soon. if she is having any abnormal symptons, such as morning nausea/vomiting, jump on that biatch's tummy ASAP.

or go the whole responsible route. whatever. my gf was a week late on her period and everything turned out fine. it's normal for girl's period's to fluctuate, especially if she's not on the pill. have you any reason to worry about pregnancy (broken condom, lack of condom, etc)?

ask her to check out this website and see if she's having any symptoms that she doesnt usually get. besides, shes only 3 days late, no reason to panic yet.

http://health.yahoo.com/health/centers/pregnancy/208

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get her to the doctors - they can test 100% reliable.

To put your mind at ease, the chances of her being preganant, based on three 99% accurate tests, are 1 in 1,000,000.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds like she is having a really long pms which will follow with a horrible period.
better buy yourself some aspirin, you are gonna need it.
if she is picking out baby names over this scare, nicely tell her that it is normal for a chick to be late on a period every now and then, people do it all the time.
she isnt even offically a whole week late until tommorrow if she is on a normal 28 day cycle.

yes those tests are pretty accurate these days, but the dr does have blood tests that are more accurate and you can find out sooner if you really think she is pregnant.

heck i was just late this past month, and i have my tubes tied:cheer:

crowes22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's only 4 days man, RELAX. I'd be more than willing to bet you are in the clear provided you have been taking proper precautions.

--Crowes