My friend needs help!

BruticusMaximus

Don Juan
Reaction score
However I'm not going to tell him about this site cos he's got way too much natural talent at pulling girls. I can see he's digging himself a hole here but I can't offer him advice because, well he gets the girls and I don't. He wouldn't take advice from me. But check it out - he sent this angsty e-mail after a girl he's been into for 3 YEARS met and snogged another friend of ours (Dave) at the weekend:

"I put my foot in it the last time I snogged her, cos when we were sitting in the cafe I told someone that I really liked this other girl, while she was sitting right next to me !!!

I dunno what to say to her now though, cos if she doesn't think I'm bothered or jealous of her and Dave snogging, then she might think I'm not interested. "

I told him he did good to talk about other girls in front of her, but he seems intent on letting her know that he is upset that she was getting with someone else. He probably ought to play it cool, like he doesn't even care... and in my opinion he shouldn't be caring. He's been chasing her for too long.

trajhenkhet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like your bud has to travel a bit more down the tao...

Would it be so bad to show him this site? If he is your bud, he won't think less of you. (I should say "shouldn't")

BruticusMaximus

Don Juan
Reaction score
He wouldn't think less of me, no... but I rather selfishly want to keep the advantages I do have. He has other options, that's what gets me about how much he stresses over this one girl. It's not necessary.

Premier

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you that he shouldn't let it bother him. That's AFC all over.

If he won't take your advice, and you refuse to show him the board, then there's not much you can do but let him learn from his own mistakes.