My First Rejection

Shyne

Reaction score
So....i approached this hb 7 at a bus station....i just asked meaningless questions like which bus to take , where its going etc., i was pretty relaxed during the "conversation".
Then i asked what she is doing in the town shes going to...and she responded "i dont think this is your business"... so i responded "no, actually not" and walked off.
The first moment after her rejecting me...i was shocked because i didn't expect an answer like that (i've been approaching about 10 strangers at bus stations, including girls,never got such a response).....but only seconds later i didn't care about her.
Funny enough, I got my biggest confidence boost so far out of this rejection....so tomorrow i'll be out to face some more rejections...

SuaveStarboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
at least it was a confidence booster for you. if it were that way for me, i would be the most confident person in the world(been rejected everytime i ask someone out)

deeloo

Don Juan
Reaction score
mayb shes jus havin a bad day

or shes doin sth secretive in the town ure goin to

or mayb shes goin to a funeral

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shyne
Then i asked what she is doing in the town shes going to...and she responded "i dont think this is your business"... so i responded "no, actually not" and walked off.
I think you handled this wrong.

I would have said "No, it's not' but ya know I'm juss trying to make conversation, you don't look too entertained just sitting around waiting for the bus."

But good job on your rejection, because this is a start for a bright future for you! :D

Cheers!:cool:

Shyne

Reaction score
Originally posted by SuaveStarboy
at least it was a confidence booster for you. if it were that way for me, i would be the most confident person in the world(been rejected everytime i ask someone out)
Yup. Well i think the confidence didn't came out of the rejection, but more out of the way she rejected me. All she really did was telling me she didn't want to engage in conversation with me...
As an unexperienced afc, one would've expected that she laughs at you or says something really embarrassing, but that wasn't the case.

Shyne

Reaction score
Re: Re: My First Rejection

Originally posted by AC/DC
I think you handled this wrong.

I would have said "No, it's not' but ya know I'm juss trying to make conversation, you don't look too entertained just sitting around waiting for the bus."
good idea, i also thought about this, since there was nobody around and she had to wait for like 15 minutes. But on the other hand, this is kind of afc, since you are still trying to talk to her allthough she said no in a quite explicit way.

Originally posted by AC/DC

But good job on your rejection, because this is a start for a bright future for you! :D

Cheers!:cool:
thanks, i will work on new rejections

x X x Lifestyle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Now this makes me damn proud. :)

Everyone take a lesson on this COMMON KNOWLEDGE. Rejections aren't the end of the world, they won't kill you, and are often a very comical experience. Plus, the experience and confidence you gain are well worth it.

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
The only way you can improve is to go out there, get rejected, and learn from your mistakes. Good job.

I'd recommend not asking so many factual questions. I've realized that doing that will keep a conversation going, but you sound like you're conducting an interview. As you get more confident, try mixing some entertaining stories into your convo. And once she said that, I would have said something C+F. Sometimes a girl can be interested and still say sh!t like that, it's called a sh!t test, used to weed out the betas.

-Dan