Musica! Chicks dig the Guitar.

RockGuitarist

Don Juan
Reaction score
Louisiana... dirty south. No, seriously, it's ****
Life imitates music... Who the hell made up that damn saying?! It makes no ****in' sense.

Here's a suggestion for those who have time, a little bit of money, and a lot of rhythm.

Learn to play an instrument. Take lessons to learn the basics, then learn how to play the instrument by yourself (that way you can develop your own style, instead of your teacher's). There are books and websites for just about any instrument out there. The only problem may lie in actually having to buy an instrument... but only do this if you have a decent amount of money.

Not only is learning to play an instrument fun as hell, it's also a challenge (a true DJ loves a good challenge), it helps you with rhythm, it really gets your brain working, it'll build determination and tenacity (practice isn't always fun, 'specially when you're just starting out and you sound like crap, but don't ever give up) and it gets you more chicks than you'll ever know what to do with (well... maybe not, but it will get you a few).

The point is most chicks in high school love a guy with a guitar and rhythm (piano's a good way to get chicks as well... just play them a good, slow ballad, and they melt). When you get up and play before a group of people (talent shows and crap), not only do you establish some social proof, but you also exude a powerful aura of confidence that will blow everyone away. It also make the chicks wonder about your personality. Example: You play a good, angry rock song, and the chicks are intrigued by that anger. Play a sweet melody, and the chicks will want to pull that sensitive side out of you. They are automatically intrigued by your talents. Don't believe me? Here's a story. Whenever my girlfriend (she's a senior, I'm a sophomore... love older women.:D) would come over to help me "study" :), I would always play my guitar for her. As I played, she would just sit and stare at me, completely mesmerized, and I could literally watch her pupils dilate to about the size of a dime (another exaggeration, but her pupils were huge... a very good sign of attraction. She never looked more beautiful.)

Singing is also a good way to intrigue the women (as long as your voice doesn't sound like ****) and it also develops a good strong voice, something every good alpha male needs to dominate.

Anyway, go ahead and give music a shot.
And, as always, have fun!

Later.

RockGuitarist
a.k.a
DJBedford

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep. In fact... I took up guitar in october and can already play "Call of Ktulu" up until the metal part...

And I taught myself. www.guitartabs.com was my best friend. And yes, this stuff does attract girls, especially if you work hard at it and practice and become good.

Some good tips for guitar: learn to read tablature (very simple)

It's like this:
E- - - - - - - -
B- - - - - - - -
G- - - - - - - -
D- - - 4 - - - 0
A- 2 - - - 2 - -
E- - - - - - - -

Hold the A string at the 2nd fret, and pluck it. Then hold the D string at the 4th fret and pluck the string. Very simple.

Some good songs to get you started:
Metallica - Call of Ktulu (off the 'Ride The Lightning' album) Try the first 1:30 of that song, that's what I'm trying to accomplish now.

Try this:
E:- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
B:- 8 - - 7 - - - - - -7-
G-: - - 9 - - 7 - 9 - - - -
D:- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A:- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
E:- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(excerpt from "For Whom The Bell Tolls" by Metallica, thats the main riff, so repat it over and over again, and it gives you good speed if you keep doing it.)

Also, try to use tabs with standard tuning at first, you don't want to mess up your guitar's tuning unless you have an automatic tuner.

Good luck, and keep at it!

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i noticed it too. i played guitar for 1.5 years. 90% of the time i tell a chick i play guitar she's like "ooooh,thats so cool,can you teach me?" and i mean 90% of the time!
suuuure come over tomorrow :D
i got a friend who's a DJ(musical), he gets a lot of positive reaction too.

Dario

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I started playing, I'm not doing very good, but it works. On the music lesson my teacher said to me, to play on some instrument to get a better grade. I wanted to choose the piano (I can play a little), but then I remembered about the only song I know on guitar. I said it silently to my teacher and went for it to the other room. When I came to the classroom with the guitar and started tuning it, every girl in the class was curious how I'm playing. They all came over to me and listened to the song.

Playing music attracts girls, ESPECIALLY playing guitar :p

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dario
I started playing, I'm not doing very good, but it works. On the music lesson my teacher said to me, to play on some instrument to get a better grade. I wanted to choose the piano (I can play a little), but then I remembered about the only song I know on guitar. I said it silently to my teacher and went for it to the other room. When I came to the classroom with the guitar and started tuning it, every girl in the class was curious how I'm playing. They all came over to me and listened to the song.

Playing music attracts girls, ESPECIALLY playing guitar :p
True, especially because of your location... Poland is the most loyal country to the U.S in all of Europe. Poland loves us. That's good. Since they take us in America like role models (notice the fashions become increasingly similar) they wonder if it's an american trait to play the guitar like such, and wonder about it.

Interesting concept to see how America influences the home country.

SnatchJP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hm. I didn't know that about poland. That's cool!

Anyway, Almost all of my friends play guitar. I got one for X-mas and am teaching myself to play. I'm also messing around with piano and am considering doing some sining too. I'm a baritone and most people say I've got a pretty good voice...

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yay! :)

i was ready for another guitar post, haha. i made one a while back called "Guitar .. Girls" or something...
anyways ive been playing guitar since i was 10 or 11.. im 16 and will be 17 by april 6th. im started to get more serious about it tho(last few weeks). i started out on a tiny acoustic.. played like classical music and such. moved to another guitar teacher after maybe 2 years or so. he basically tabbed **** for me haha and id just play those songs(all rock). then i went to another guy that was actually very good, but i got kinda bored bc id just be learning stuff all the time. dont get me wrong it was good information, but id like to play my own songs sometimes as well.. so i stopped after a while..(i dunno a year and a half with him maybe) and i took a break.. and then i just played every once in a while(got tabs from mxtabs.net) and now ive been playing ... almost daily(just playing diff tabs such as bon jovi - wanted dead or alive, eric clapton - tears in heaven, led zeppelin - stairway to heaven, stevie ray vaughan - pride and joy,etc,etc,etc). im going to master the guitar.
Lost out!

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've played around wtih my guitar for like 5 or 6 years... But im not that good coz i never took lessons or anything, i learned everything myself. Its not htat i play poorly, its just that a person who took lessons in those 5-6 years would have way better skills than me...

I cant solo/picksweep/improv. I dont know any scales or anyhting, but i know chords and stuff.. IM decent...